How To You Feel At Nyrb?

Jntg4

Registered
May 26, 2014
Hate them any more than any other team in the league, given their inherent status as NYCFC's primary rivals? Or do you prefer them over other teams still, as after all, they do represent the New York metro area as well?

I have never been a true RBNY fan but i have always preferred them to other clubs. I like Henry a lot and I have always rooted for them that is now obviously going to change as my team is NYCFC. I was a casual fan who pulled for RBNY but had no emtional investment.

I wish them well this season. Since I've started paying close attention to soccer I've been a casual RB fan, even a member of the VA. I don't hate them, I don't think I will ever hate them. I love the banter and the prospective rivalry but I will never have a visceral hate for them.

Reactions: PatrickRivera
I was indifferent to the Metrostars, remained indifferent to the Red Bulls for this reason, if I have to pay New Jersey taxes, tolls and fares to attend a home game..you are a New Jersey team.
Fair enough, but Chicagoans, for example, don't root for the Fire because they are an Illinois team, and Orlandoans don't support OCSC for being a Florida team either... it still is just a suburb of NYC. If done by state, then you'd have the Bills and Sabres too.

Fair enough, but Chicagoans, for example, don't root for the Fire because they are an Illinois team, and Orlandoans don't support OCSC for being a Florida team either... it still is just a suburb of NYC. If done by state, then you'd have the Bills and Sabres too.
Bills are the only NFL team in NY. The difference between Giants/Jets and Red Bulls is that both Jets and Giants started out inside NYC, so generations of fans grew attached to them. The Red Bulls have never played a single season inside NYC.

Giants stadium was across the parking lot from the NJ Nets and NJ Devils. :)

When I got into soccer for real in 2009-2010 (other than being just a USMNT fan), I figured I should check out the Red Bulls. New stadium, couple big names (even that fucking douche Rafa)...

They never ever felt like my team or anything about my team. It didn't fit at all. Still wouldn't care about them, but i FUCKING HATE their fanbase now. They're jealous, bitter little pansies that need their asses kicked. Therefore, I hate NYRB with the passion of 1000... somethings that are really passionate.

I'm completely indifferent but I'm sure that will change once I go to my first NY derby or whatever it's going to be called. But for right now they are nowhere near as annoying to me as the Faux-Cosmos fanboys.

On the face of it I'm completely neutral about them, if in leaning fact slightly more negative due to the Red Bull connection. As a non-NYC native I have no previous interest in them as a "local" club, and being British I tend to lean more towards believing that it would be in NYCFC's interests to create a slight antipathy between the two clubs in order to make a genuinely tense derby atmosphere for games between the two, so I'm more than happy to play them off as the pantomime villain. But truly, I'm neutral about them.