If You Observed Or Photographed Smoke Flares Sat 6/13, Please Read!

Another thing to consider is that it's a big section with a lot of people. I think the supporters area holds something like 1200 seats maybe? Also, I had no idea there was a smoke bomb until I saw the photos after the match. I was in 237 in the second row, right on the aisle with 236. That's pretty much where I always sit, the smoke was somewhere behind me, and I didn't even see it. Sure, the people in the row right next to it *may* have seen who did it, but to say the whole supporters area needs to police itself better just seems like it can't realistically be done.

Reactions: roxfontaine
I'm shocked that this would merit a felony charge. It seems possible to me that even if the person in question did do it the lawyer may be hoping for video showing that no one was harmed or put in danger, with the idea that they could get the charges reduced.

236/237 needs to get themselves in order. Whatever progress being made between NYCFC and Yankee Stadium was just pushed back to the start.

With that said, a felony charge is completely ridiculous.

was there progress? uniformed NYPD in the stands glaring at everyone? uniformed NYPD popping balloons like the fucking grinch on christmas? and now a felony charge? where's the progress, exactly?

also did anyone notice there was a smoke bomb way up in the seated area?

I'm shocked that this would merit a felony charge. It seems possible to me that even if the person in question did do it the lawyer may be hoping for video showing that no one was harmed or put in danger, with the idea that they could get the charges reduced.

any charge that passes the smell test will get thrown at a person they want to make an example of - it's not whether or not it succeeds at trial, it's whether it's not totally ludicrous.

Reactions: Lasker and danger

Yep. That was the section 223. I think the Montreal fans set it off. Now imagine that... There were probably 30 of them tops and Securitas didn't see it be lit and tossed a couple of rows down.

Reactions: einwindir
was there progress? uniformed NYPD in the stands glaring at everyone? uniformed NYPD popping balloons like the fucking grinch on christmas? and now a felony charge? where's the progress, exactly?

On your second point, that was Montreal Ultras. There were ejections as a result.

On your first point. Yes there was progress made. Every game leading up to the past two weekends say (on average) 5 members in 238, all of which also members of Hearts of Oak, ejected. For things like cursing and not sitting down. The past two weeks, NO EJECTIONS, no police presence in our section and no security outside the regular officer that's posted in the area. After the HoO Prez spoke with NYCFC FO there was a deal made - Yankee Stadium will loosen up restrictions on the condition that there is NO SMOKE. That is progress. The reason you are seeing more police presence in 236/7 is because the supporter group in control of that area has not held up their end of the bargain. Progress can only be made if WE ALL agree to keep certain things out of our sections.

And I completely understand your frustration. Let's not forget two members of Hearts of Oak / Brown Bag SC were arrested for waving flags while celebrating on a closed street.

What on earth were you thinking you would get by googling that? I took one look at that phrase and knew exactly what it was describing. Were you expecting a rooster winning the Kentucky Derby or something?
Cock_103c96_120257.jpg
first thing that came up

On your second point, that was Montreal Ultras. There were ejections as a result.

On your first point. Yes there was progress made. Every game leading up to the past two weekends say (on average) 5 members in 238, all of which also members of Hearts of Oak, ejected. For things like cursing and not sitting down. The past two weeks, NO EJECTIONS, no police presence in our section and no security outside the regular officer that's posted in the area. After the HoO Prez spoke with NYCFC FO there was a deal made - Yankee Stadium will loosen up restrictions on the condition that there is NO SMOKE. That is progress. The reason you are seeing more police presence in 236/7 is because the supporter group in control of that area has not held up their end of the bargain. Progress can only be made if WE ALL agree to keep certain things out of our sections.

And I completely understand your frustration. Let's not forget two members of Hearts of Oak / Brown Bag SC were arrested for waving flags while celebrating on a closed street.

Agreed, this definitely doesn't help. And as someone mentioned earlier, I wouldn't expect Third Rail leadership to strictly enforce/check nobody is bringing smoke bombs into the stadium, but at least some kind of communication that these things cannot be brought in and will lead to ejections and arrests.

On your second point, I am not quite familiar with the arrests....individuals were arrested for waving flags in the street? There had to have been something more to this (not calling you a liar, just seems a bit ridiculous in my mind).

This right here is exactly what I was expecting to turn up if I googled the term "Cock Jockey."

Haha. Glorious.

In fairness, "carpet muncher" and "fudge packer" both seem to have far more Safe For Work responses than I was expecting, so maybe I've been doing the internet a disservice?

Reactions: LostAnvil

i'm with you guys - not a TR member and in 238 and have been to every YB&G pre-game but one. if i watch you HoO folk close enough i may be able to learn the secret handshake before actually becoming a member. i suppose i was just alarmed that our regular securitas person in 238 has been replaced with two uniformed NYPD popping balloons and glowering at us.

p.s. my instagram stalking has led me to believe that a very visible 238er is responsible for the smoke, but would rather not explicitly snitch here. feel free to PM me on reddit if yr curious.

Agreed, this definitely doesn't help. And as someone mentioned earlier, I wouldn't expect Third Rail leadership to strictly enforce/check nobody is bringing smoke bombs into the stadium, but at least some kind of communication that these things cannot be brought in and will lead to ejections and arrests.

On your second point, I am not quite familiar with the arrests....individuals were arrested for waving flags in the street? There had to have been something more to this (not calling you a liar, just seems a bit ridiculous in my mind).

nypd described the charges more succinctly as "under arrest for being an asshole"

Reactions: einwindir
i'm with you guys - not a TR member and in 238 and have been to every YB&G pre-game but one. if i watch you HoO folk close enough i may be able to learn the secret handshake before actually becoming a member. i suppose i was just alarmed that our regular securitas person in 238 has been replaced with two uniformed NYPD popping balloons and glowering at us.

p.s. my instagram stalking has led me to believe that a very visible 238er is responsible for the smoke, but would rather not explicitly snitch here. feel free to PM me on reddit if yr curious.

nypd described the charges more succinctly as "under arrest for being an asshole"
There's a really good chance your running theory is correct.

You also may learn the secret hand shake, but that doesn't mean anything with out the SECRET secret handshake.

Haha. Glorious.

In fairness, "carpet muncher" and "fudge packer" both seem to have far more Safe For Work responses than I was expecting, so maybe I've been doing the internet a disservice?
Yes, that must be what you are doing. Either that or you have a dirtier imagination than the internet.

There's a really good chance your running theory is correct.

You also may learn the secret hand shake, but that doesn't mean anything with out the SECRET secret handshake.

my theory appears to be supported by a tacit admission and a general uncertainty if the individual in question is in HoO or not.

there's another level of handshake? are you srs right now. maybe i shld just join TR. :/

my theory appears to be supported by a tacit admission and a general uncertainty if the individual in question is in HoO or not.

there's another level of handshake? are you srs right now. maybe i shld just join TR. :/
That particular person isn't a member of Hearts of Oak. Nor is he an acquaintence by any stretch of the imagination.

Feel free to DM me.

FootyLovin, I sat next to you against MTL! (Usually in 238). Yeah that was the charge the guy gave me after he slammed my head on the car.

SoupInNYC: yeah it was just as ridiculous first hand. Seriously.

Reactions: FootyLovin