Important Fyis For Stadium Seating

FredMertz

Registered
Elite Donor
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jun 2, 2014
According to tickpick.com, "At Yankees Stadium, seat 1 is always located closer to the lower numbered adjacent section. For example, seat 1 in section 425 would be closest to seat 24 in section 424."

Also, many of the field level sections do not start with Row 1 (some are 1, some start at 10, some at 12, etc.). Check out seatgeek for an interactive seat map with row numbers (click on "interactive" and zoom in): https://seatgeek.com/venues/yankee-stadium/seating-chart/

If anyone has any other tips to add, please do! I plan on painfully overanalyzing my seat selection for at least the next few weeks.

Thanks for the info. Didn't know that about the first row not always starting at 1.

NYCFC's seating interface is the same as the Yankees use for their season tickets. When you go to select your seats, every individual seat will be mapped so you know exactly what your seat number and row is and where it is located.

The sun should also be put into consideration. If you're on the third base side you'll more than likely be sitting in the sun for the entire game.

Reactions: Scott McCarthy
is there anyway to see what sections start at row 1, and what sections start further back? is the row they use on the virtual venue the first rows of each?
It's a bit tedious but....you can go to buy tickets to a yankees game and use the map. You have to zoom in to each section pretty closely but you can figure it out. From a quick look, most of the lower level does not start at Row 1 as they adjust for the field dimensions. However, it look like row 8 in one section will be next to row 8 in the next etc.

is there anyway to see what sections start at row 1, and what sections start further back? is the row they use on the virtual venue the first rows of each?

That's in the Seatgeek the link I put in above. Click on it, click on "interactive" and you can zoom in and see all the row numbers.

Does anyone know where they players come onto the field from? I would assume the dugouts but I was not sure if they had another tunnel somewhere else.

Does anyone know where they players come onto the field from? I would assume the dugouts but I was not sure if they had another tunnel somewhere else.

Maybe out of center field under the Mohegan Sun sports bar. I'm pretty sure there is a spot there where grounds crew comes out of sometimes

At all of the previous soccer games I've attended at Yankee Stadium (3 games total), the players always come from the 3rd base dugout.

Last edited:
If you look at the virtue seat viewer it shows the benches in front of the bullpens for both home and away sides.

If you look at the virtue seat viewer it shows the benches in front of the bullpens for both home and away sides.
Yea I saw that, but my question was where do they come out from? It appears to be the 3rd base dugout.