Not open for further replies.

Midas Mulligan

Registered
Elite Donor
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Apr 29, 2014
NYC
Seat selection is upon us, so it's time to actually make some decisions. Please only vote if you are actually intending to sit with this group. Let's try to limit discussion to pros/cons of each section. You may choose 2 sections. If you could follow up your vote with your ranking of your votes, we'll then weight the rankings to pick a winner. First ranking gets 2 points, second gets 1. If there is a need, we'll narrow it down to 2 sections after this round of voting and pick a final winner in a run-off. Let's see how it plays out because that might not be necessary.

If you choose "other", you'll need to give a specific section. Once we actually start selecting tickets, it'd be great if everyone would come back and post their seat numbers so we can try to group them together as much as possible.

Since it's not really feasible to list every single section, I've made what I believe are reasonable cuts. The sections I'm listing are the ones mentioned by others in the older section discussion thread. I cut sections that are essentially the same, so vote for the one nearest your preference and note it in your post (e.g., if you prefer 210, vote for 211.) Note, the family section is 209, so I figure we'd want AT LEAST one section of separation.

233 A/B

It's within my price range. I can't really designate a priority over either one.

1) 234
2) 233B

Runner Up: 232A (but that foul pole could get annoying over the course of a season....)

1) 234
2) 233B

Runner Up: 232A (but that foul pole could get annoying over the course of a season....)
The foul pole thing was why I left it out. It might be fine, but I don't think it's worth the risk.

Reactions: NYJoe
While i'm not from the Bronx, I would like to sit with you guys because I like your philosophy and also would like to be seated with other STH's who I can get to know, as opposed to being surrounded by individual tickets with different people each match.

While i'm not from the Bronx, I would like to sit with you guys because I like your philosophy and also would like to be seated with other STH's who I can get to know, as opposed to being surrounded by individual tickets with different people each match.
For the record, we are a seperate entity from Bronx Social Club (BxSC). With that said, BxSC are really good guys - they do not require BX residency and they also have no problem with sharing a section since we all share common interests.

Reactions: Paul
For the record, we are a seperate entity from Bronx Social Club (BxSC). With that said, BxSC are really good guys - they do not require BX residency and they also have no problem with sharing a section since we all share common interests.
Oops, my bad. I just assumed the BxSC name was a name you guys decided on. Either way, i'll be keeping an eye out to see where a good number of people from these boards will be getting the seats because, as I said, I would prefer to be seated with other STH's.

Is this group's official name The Straphangers yet?

First 215

Second 205

Here's some of my thinking.

1) Shade,Shade,Shade. I am beyond white, almost clear actually. May come in handy during the summer especially if you are trying to get new fans interested and want to concentrate on the match and not the heat.

2)The view and pricing is as good as the supporters side of the field with the Jumbotron viewing angle far better as a bonus.

3) Much better food/drink selections on this side of the field.

4)Accessibility: I have the same section (in the upper deck) for my Yankee season tix. The elevators are right behind you and it is a straight run in and out of the stadium.

The only downside is the fact that it is obviously not side by side to the Third Rail/Supporters, but the flip side might be having less competition from other groups looking for blocks of seats.

*Edited because I didn't see 205 was an option

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott McCarthy
215 would be my top choice for all the same reasons Slick Rick posted above, plus it will help spread the noise around the stadium, instead of all the loud and proud people being on the same side of the stadium.

Oh please no! Third Rail is already lame enough. IMHO, NYCFC Social is a solid name. No need to get fancy.
While this whole thing is Midas Mulligan's brainchild I feel like I can step in and answer. There are no plans to change the name from NYCFC Social. We just decided to use Straphangers as a place holder. The group is in essence a Social Club and it would go against the very spirit of the group to give it a "proper" name.

Reactions: Drainyoo
While this whole thing is Midas Mulligan's brainchild I feel like I can step in and answer. There are no plans to change the name from NYCFC Social. We just decided to use Straphangers as a place holder. The group is in essence a Social Club and it would go against the very spirit of the group to give it a "proper" name.
I feel pretty much this way. If people really want to give it a name, I figure one will come about organically.

If we never adopt another name than social, we'll at least have an excuse to wear fedoras.

Oh, and don't be criticizing our group like that. We don't need subversive internal elements.

Reactions: einwindir
First 215

Second 205

Here's some of my thinking.

1) Shade,Shade,Shade. I am beyond white, almost clear actually. May come in handy during the summer especially if you are trying to get new fans interested and want to concentrate on the match and not the heat.

2)The view and pricing is as good as the supporters side of the field with the Jumbotron viewing angle far better as a bonus.

3) Much better food/drink selections on this side of the field.

4)Accessibility: I have the same section (in the upper deck) for my Yankee season tix. The elevators are right behind you and it is a straight run in and out of the stadium.

The only downside is the fact that it is obviously not side by side to the Third Rail/Supporters, but the flip side might be having less competition from other groups looking for blocks of seats.

*Edited because I didn't see 205 was an option
You're doing a good job of changing my mind. It really might be more beneficial to the atmosphere as a whole if we sat in 215. And that is absolutely easier access to subway and better stuff. It'll also mean shorter concession and bathroom lines because you won't compete with supporter section spillover.

Additionally, it ensures we are far removed from the chance of being associated with an unsavory element, were one to pop up. Unless it's me, then we are proper fucked.

Reactions: Scott McCarthy
You're doing a good job of changing my mind. It really might be more beneficial to the atmosphere as a whole if we sat in 215. And that is absolutely easier access to subway and better stuff. It'll also mean shorter concession and bathroom lines because you won't compete with supporter section spillover.

Additionally, it ensures we are far removed from the chance of being associated with an unsavory element, were one to pop up. Unless it's me, then we are proper fucked.

Honestly, I was planning on sitting here anyway and thought to share my reasoning. After the World Cup my wife suddenly became interested in going to these matches with me. She would like the supporters section as a novelty, but I know she couldn't do 17 games. Moral of the story for the young or newly-wed: Happy wife, happy life ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.