James Sands [Midfielder] [HG]

Great for him, bad for us. I'd be shocked if he's still on our roster for the start of next season. His stock is rising exponentially at this point.

Reactions: Kjbert
Great for him, bad for us. I'd be shocked if he's still on our roster for the start of next season. His stock is rising exponentially at this point.
in football manager, a single national senior cap for a player makes their value rise tremendously. I would think this is similar IRL. Let's hope so!

Reactions: Kjbert
will be sad if he doesn't get any minutes though.
I think Berhalter has generally said to expect rotation because they will be playing 3 games a week in many of these windows. Of course, CBs generally need less rest than anyone but keepers, but I also think GB also likes the flexibility Sands offers.

I think Berhalter has generally said to expect rotation because they will be playing 3 games a week in many of these windows. Of course, CBs generally need less rest than anyone but keepers, but I also think GB also likes the flexibility Sands offers.

yea i understand he's there for flexibility. he's just down on the depth chart when it comes to a 4 man back line. we shall see. just don't want him to be unused. he's too good to leave on the bench and would rather him come on as a #6 or something. even as a sub.

yea i understand he's there for flexibility. he's just down on the depth chart when it comes to a 4 man back line. we shall see. just don't want him to be unused. he's too good to leave on the bench and would rather him come on as a #6 or something. even as a sub.
Berhalter mentioned in an interview today that Sands is a midfield option. That mention also appears to be unsolicited as he was asked about only 5 midfielders on the roster and then he pointed out Sands was an option. Will grab the tweet and post here in a sec.

Interesting stuff. He's obviously most like to play if we go with 3 CBs - either at the start or as a tactical switch. It's worth remembering that before Zimmerman's injury, Sands played one game where he stayed back at the central CB, and one game where he moved forward into midfield when we were in possession.

As a defensive midfielder, he is behind Adams and Acosta, but being third on the list doesn't mean that much given the expected heavy rotation of the squad.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Reactions: JCMore
Good for Jimmy, not so good for our playoff hopes. Last thing we need is an injured Taty or an injured Sands. Losing Keaton is already a big blow.