James Sands [Midfielder] [HG]

Reactions: Schwallacus
If he is happy then I’ll try and be happy but after last season… honestly, hell no am I happy that he goes to a two team league when other MLS players are making the jump to the Bundesliga. I mean, Scally hardly played for us and he’s starting at Monchengladbach…
I do trust that NYCFC and the Sands brain trust know what they are doing.
Feels a little anticlimactic but awesome that the kid won the Cup before moving on…
I haven’t told my daughter yet. She will not take this well.

If he is happy then I’ll try and be happy but after last season… honestly, hell no am I happy that he goes to a two team league when other MLS players are making the jump to the Bundesliga. I mean, Scally hardly played for us and he’s starting at Monchengladbach…
Feels a little anticlimactic but awesome that the kid won the Cup before moving on…
Different people take different paths to achieve similar goals. I don't think that everyone has to play at a top league, and I don't think every player thinks that right now is the time in their career to jump to one of the biggest named clubs. I'm sure James talked this through with the club and he felt this was the best decision for him, as according to the reports, Rangers beat out a few championship and bundesliga sides.

Separately about the Bundesliga thing, for what it's worth, check out Monchengladbach in the table right now. Rangers as a team are probably better than them right now. And in Europe.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Different people take different paths to achieve similar goals. I don't think that everyone has to play at a top league, and I don't think every player thinks that right now is the time in their career to jump to one of the biggest named clubs. I'm sure James talked this through with the club and he felt this was the best decision for him, as according to the reports, Rangers beat out a few championship and bundesliga sides.

Separately about the Bundesliga thing, for what it's worth, check out Monchengladbach in the table right now. Rangers as a team are probably better than them right now. And in Europe.
Yeah I know Monchengladbach is basically pooping the bed this season but the league has some phenomenal talent that I think is safe to say is far superior than the SPL. Scally v. Lewandowski was a hoot to see.

Is there something to be said for the fact that Sands's game is so not flashy that it's harder for him to get the interest from the big clubs? He's the kind of player that you need to watch a full season of to appreciate. Hopefully being at Rangers will get him the exposure he needs, because if it isn't a significant jump up in talent he should do well there.

Last edited: