Jersey postmatch

Two salient facts about the subs was that they included Shelton and did not include TMac. I like that because to show your first touch has not improved you at least have to get to the ball. Hence, Shelton preferable to TMac.

Shelton: 10 touches, 0 bad control, 4-for-4 passing

Small sample, but he wasn't asked to do too much and he did it fine.

Yeah, that was me. I think he meant it good-naturedly, but I made sure to answer -- good-naturedly -- that I was a proud fan of the ONLY New York soccer club.
Yes, if it was you, your response was definitely good natured (and he seemed like a friendly guy too). I just thought that it was very funny.

Reactions: Kjbert
Seemed like the game went on without incident. No throwing things on the field. Didn't hear of any real brawls or anything. Looked like the post-game sights under the tracks were incredible. We should be proud of that after what NJ did going down to us in NJ.

Yes, if it was you, your response was definitely good natured (and he seemed like a friendly guy too). I just thought that it was very funny.
It was definitely pretty humorous, though I have to admit that I was a little slow on the uptake given that I was still experiencing my Villa-induced post-victory high.

He and his friend both thought it was an exciting match worth being there for, the RBNJ loss notwithstanding.

Seemed like the game went on without incident. No throwing things on the field. Didn't hear of any real brawls or anything. Looked like the post-game sights under the tracks were incredible. We should be proud of that after what NJ did going down to us in NJ.

We actually had a RB fan get tossed from our section. Also saw something fly out their supporter section onto our fans below.

All considered, the classless bunch could have been far more obnoxious. Then again, they were greatly outnumbered.

I'll be at the 8/25 match. I pray we have a better presence than the last at RBA.

rewatched the second half and I am going to put that performance by Villa in the legendary category. Arguably the best performance ever in MLS by anyone. I don't think he had a single bad touch all night and against lesser keepers, may have had 4 goals and an assist.

Sorry to be a party pooper. After the initial emotional excitement and pride cooled down, I began to wonder what this team is like without Villa. The vision scares me a lot. Villa is not that easily replaceable: he checks off every box we can asks for at this stage of his career without serious injuries so far.
Whom out there can replace him in every way shape or form after 1 or 2 years? I see no one. Not even CR7 or Messi can carry a team like this. Maybe Vidal (but he is not a scorer/finisher)

Can't believe somehow I manage to get myself depressed after this game...lol

Sorry to be a party pooper. After the initial emotional excitement and pride cooled down, I began to wonder what this team is like without Villa. The vision scares me a lot. Villa is not that easily replaceable: he checks off every box we can asks for at this stage of his career without serious injuries so far.
Whom out there can replace him in every way shape or form after 1 or 2 years? I see no one. Not even CR7 or Messi can carry a team like this. Maybe Vidal (but he is not a scorer/finisher)

Can't believe somehow I manage to get myself depressed after this game...lol
Serious best hope, if you forced me to pick a name: Sergio Aguero

But I don't know if even he has Villa's heart.

ETA - maybe Suarez? But a large part of his reason for going to Barca was to be near his wife's family, so that might be a total non-starter.

Good news is that WCF is next summer, so I'd say look for playmaking forwards around 30ish right now.

Serious best hope, if you forced me to pick a name: Sergio Aguero

But I don't know if even he has Villa's heart.

ETA - maybe Suarez? But a large part of his reason for going to Barca was to be near his wife's family, so that might be a total non-starter.

Good news is that WCF is next summer, so I'd say look for playmaking forwards around 30ish right now.
Aguero makes a lot of sense - they have Gabriel Jesus primed to take over. He's also not first choice Argentina MNT, so coming here wouldn't derail his chances at selection. And being friends with Maxi probably doesn't hurt either.