Kreis Officially Out At NYCFC

Your argument was fairly reasonable until the quip about Manchester City not being able to sustain the success because they only "spend limitless money". They have invested heavily in the playing staff in the same way every big club before them had—it was the only way to break the cabal. But they then spent more on upgrades to an already storied youth academy and the revitalisation of an economically depressed area of Manchester than MLS has on football stadiums in the whole of the US with a view to producing world class talent that will either play for the first team or a first team elsewhere for a tidy transfer fee.

The baseball reference is all well in good (though, I do not understand it, unsuprisingly) but you look silly when you tread upon subjects you know little about.

CFG is in NYC to build a sustainably dominant football team and has the knowhow to do it. Anyone that thinks they are two bit players that do not understand the business are laughably mistaken.
Whatever. Another MC fan has put me in my place. I really have to learn my place.

Did anyone really feel that the team was going in the right direction?

11-game losing streak? OK, its an expansion year.
Didn't make the playoffs? Didn't have all the DPs from Day One.

But the rest falls on JK... selection of players, not playing Poku, playing RSL vets even when they were hurt. And was he even trying this those last 2 games? He just tanked them instead of trying to build towards next year. It never looked like the team was playing for him. Time to move on.

My first questions in the interview for the next HC: "Who is going to lead the team in minutes next year? And why is it Poku?"

Whatever. Another MC fan has put me in my place. I really have to learn my place.
Not place mate, just perspective. Notice I freely admitted I didn't understand your baseball reference because I do my best not to argue things I do not comprehend. I discuss as much as possible—and actively seek out new ideas and perspectives—but I do not make poorly conceived points based on things I am not familiar with.

Your argument would have been much better without the popular Manchester City jibe.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Let's not have this turn into another MCFC debate. By all means argue over whether CFG had a hand in this, or even if MCFC held Lampard back, but we could all do without this descending into another clash over whether people approve of them or not. You all know which way that argument goes. We don't need to have it take over an otherwise-reasonable conversation about the manager position.

This is, after all, a thread about Kreis, and that's the topic we should stay focused on.

Your in fantasy land if you think NOW NYCFC will get that golden choice coach to lead us to the promise land. They could have any one they wanted and they went with Kreis and had ZERO patience. What a garbage dump.

Stay off Twitter folks!
1000% this. Smh this is awful. You need patience building a team in mls. Not a good start to this clubs history
Smh.

Let's not have this turn into another MCFC debate. By all means argue over whether CFG had a hand in this, or even if MCFC held Lampard back, but we could all do without this descending into another clash over whether people approve of them or not. You all know which way that argument goes. We don't need to have it take over an otherwise-reasonable conversation about the manager position.
Fair enough. I apologise for continuing it.

My point is that CFG is in NYC for sustainable success and it was deemed that Kreis no longer represented that goal.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Yep, that's pretty much me as well. I'm not really that fussed that we didn't reach the playoffs; I wasn't really expecting it from an expansion team. However, his line-ups got more and more awful and the performances became more and more insipid to the point that I just completely lost faith. His seeming apathy to it all was the last straw for me.
I have screamed it for months. He has been trying to get fired for damn near half the season at least.

My thoughts on this decision are strongly contingent on who we get to replace Kreis. Yes we criticized many of his decisions, yes a manager at a new club should probably get more than one year, but there's a lot we don't know either. What were the players saying about him? How much responsibility did he have in acquiring players (aside from Pirlo, of course)?
In the end it's all about who replaces him. If we get a quality manager who can improve the squad with better tactical decisions this looks brilliant. If we hire someone and miss the playoffs for a second straight year, it looks stupid and we risk needing to start new with a third manager in three years.

He was there after the takeover even if they didn't hire him, Man City have had three managers since the takeover.

Correct, but Hughes was not CFG's man... Hughes was brought in by Thaksin.
As much as Hughes is a good manager, he isn't on a level to progress a club throughout Europe.
This is why Mancini was brought in - Bobby lost the dressing room because of his own Ego so CFG brought in
Pellers who is Soriano/Txixi's stop-gap guy for the eventual appointment of Pep Guardiola ;)

CFG know what they are doing. Kreis could of had Messi and Ronaldo in his setup, they would of looked shit.

Reactions: FirstTeamer
Whoa!! Did not see this coming (at least at this stage).

I'll take it, frankly, because his lineups were often pish, his teams too negative and then he would come out and praise everyone as having "tried hard" and done well, "we were just unlucky". (The World Famous) DUFC went through something similar with our last manager - Jackie Shitenamara - no clue how to organize a team, no clue how to counter opposition tactics and couldn't motivate his players. Came out after every game saying we were unlukcy and on the verge of "giving someone a hiding". The board gave him until 10 games in to the season to turn it around and we were bottom of the league when he was sacked.

Good thing to get Kreis out now, get someone fresh on board and treat next season as a clean slate.

Two further points....

People say this is typical CFG which I kind of agree with. Mark Hughes, Mancini and probably someone else were give little time to achieve astronomical goals as MCFC manager, so they were out. If Pellegrini doesn't win the league this season his coat could well be on the proverbial "shoogly peg". Win nothing at all and he's a goner for sure. You don't invest all that money for no result.

Some have suggested we need a coach who "knows MLS". With all due respect ( and i say this as someone who knows zero about how MLS works) I think that's bollocks. A good coach who can organise a team to play well will do more than some plodder who knows how to pick out duffers like Chris Wingert, then refuses to take them out of the team because they are "stalwarts".

POINT 3: I was drunk by 5pm today, so take everything I say with a sea's worth of salt.

A little late to the dance, but I was out enjoying an early dinner and news travels fast in Gotham. It is a bit shocking. I really didn't think they would cut him loose despite not making the playoffs. It's an expansion team and he was screwed with the Lampard fiasco, we didn't have any real players who ever played together, and we had many new key players join half way through the season. I really thought they would give him a pass, since he was a proven commodity in the past. Well, they didn't. I guess Ned and Chris will be gone soon. It will be an interesting off-season. Could it be Mourihno? I don't think it's Brendan Rodgers, but it would be naive to think that CFG does not have someone lined up. Klinsman?

Reactions: Gene
New York City FC....the new Toronto FC!

Get ready for some tough times if this is going to be the way the club conducts business!