#kreisout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kjbert

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
Apr 24, 2014
Sorry but it's time.

28,000 fans per home game deserve a more competent manager.

CFG won't support a loser. That's what he is. Guy has more pressure on him that Joe Girardi or Tom Coughlin.

While it's not fair that he has played with one DP so far this year, the tactical decisions and the loyalty to scrap heap players needs to be punished.

I'm looking forward to the Bob Bradley, Bruce Arena or famous European manager rumors.

They should have brought Brice Arena home in the first place.

I said this less then a week ago on these forums and some schmuck said I was nuts. Im glad there are some level headed people like kjbert on these forums who see thru this bs.

Whoever told you to quiet down is foolhardy. Kreis has 10 games left to save his career in MLS.

Reactions: Gavin23
They had to have offered Bruce first. I'm almost certain they would have.

If they didn't, now is the time. If they did, time to do it again. The man knows how to deploy a team based upon its strengths. That's far more than Kreis has ever contemplated.

I'm not sure Kreis isn't trying to be fired at this point. Think about it this way - what else could one man do to try to lose matches without being completely obvious than he already has done?

If you shift the burden of proof to him proving his innocence of sabotaging our squad in a court of law, he could not win. That's all you need to know.

Reactions: Andres Emilio Soto
Why would Bob Bradley or Bruce Arena come here? Bruce Arena has built a juggernaut in LA and will likely retire there. Bob Bradley is fighting for the title in Norway, and is on course to be coaching a team in the Europa league next season.

Kries has made plenty of head scratching decisions, but his choices are very limited. This team is garbage from top to bottom. A few different choices throughout the season is not going to change that by very much. We saw our best defender, Hernandez, get absolutely obliterated by Davies today. There's just very little quality in this team. Mix, Villa, and Lampard are the only players that would have a chance at breaking into any of the best teams in this league's starting 11. The rest wouldn't even make the subs list.

There's no one we will find at the moment who will do a better job with this team of rejects. Half of them need to be cut after this season.

They had to have offered Bruce first. I'm almost certain they would have.

If they didn't, now is the time. If they did, time to do it again. The man knows how to deploy a team based upon its strengths. That's far more than Kreis has ever contemplated.

I'm not sure Kreis isn't trying to be fired at this point. Think about it this way - what else could one man do to try to lose matches without being completely obvious than he already has done?

If you shift the burden of proof to him proving his innocence of sabotaging our squad in a court of law, he could not win. That's all you need to know.

Here's the thing with Arena over the next three months - that roster doesn't fit. He needs to get Gerrard, Lletget, Dos Santos, Keane. Zardes, Cooper, Robbie Rogers and Juninho on the field. How the fuck does that work? Poorly constructed team. But lots of talent.

And you know what? He's not only going to figure it out, but he's going to win consecutive MLS Cups.

Guy is an MLS genius.

Reactions: PVieira21
Why would Bob Bradley or Bruce Arena come here? Bruce Arena has built a juggernaut in LA and will likely retire there. Bob Bradley is fighting for the title in Norway, and is on course to be coaching a team in the Europa league next season.

Kries has made plenty of head scratching decisions, but his choices are very limited. This team is garbage from top to bottom. A few different choices throughout the season is not going to change that by very much. We saw our best defender, Hernandez, get absolutely obliterated by Davies today. There's just very little quality in this team. Mix, Villa, and Lampard are the only players that would have a chance at breaking into any of the best teams in this league's starting 11. The rest wouldn't even make the subs list.

There's no one we will find at the moment who will do a better job with this team of rejects. Half of them need to be cut after this season.

Jesse Marsh is coaching a team where Mike Grella - cut as a trialist by NYCFC in the pre-season - is the 4th best player. Theyre second. Ben Olsons most expensive player is facing early retirement in DC because of a heart issue. They're first. New England has played without their best player all year. Columbus has nobody and Kei Fucking Kamara. Orlando was in the USL last year. The FUCKING USL.

Don't fucking tell me this isn't on the manager. This roster is better than half the league even with the dead weight. It's about tactics and putting your players in a position to win. He hasn't done that. And because of that, he deserves to lose his job.

Here's the thing with Arena over the next three months - that roster doesn't fit. He needs to get Gerrard, Lletget, Dos Santos, Keane. Zardes, Cooper, Robbie Rogers and Juninho on the field. How the fuck does that work? Poorly constructed team. But lots of talent.

And you know what? He's not only going to figure it out, but he's going to win consecutive MLS Cups.

Guy is an MLS genius.
Oh, I think he'll be okay. Did you see their attack? Dan Gargan has a role.

I know, that's your point. But he's so good at at it. World class manager. Hands down. The man gets the most out of what he has, and now days, he's also getting the most. He's just damn good.

The man gets brand new players and nearly immediately gets them into a position to shine. It's uncanny.

They are going to win another cup. No doubt. I'm not so sure he couldn't challenge for a Euro spot in the EPL with the squad he'll have. What a legend. He makes it impossible to hate the best team in the league because he's just Bruce.

And what coach gives us more U.S. contributors? Tells me all I need to know. He has BJIV and Villareal who get no time as is. Either of those boys would help us immensely. Of course, we wouldn't play them. But Bruce has and will. You know why? He has a pair. That's no small part of the difference. (That's what she said)

Reactions: Paul and Kjbert
Seriously, what were your expectations of a first year club in a salary limited league, picking from the scrapes of MLS in an expansion draft? We're mistakes made? Sure. But no one team is built perfectly, ignoring the limited placed upon an expansion team.

Beyond that, who do you hire? Arena is not leaving LA, Bradley is not leaving Norway. Who's left? Because if Jason Kreis was still at RSL many would say "hire Kreis"... Because he truly was/is one of the better options.

Jesse Marsh is coaching a team where Mike Grella - cut as a trialist by NYCFC in the pre-season - is the 4th best player. Theyre second. Ben Olsons most expensive player is facing early retirement in DC because of a heart issue. They're first. New England has played without their best player all year. Columbus has nobody and Kei Fucking Kamara. Orlando was in the USL last year. The FUCKING USL.

Don't fucking tell me this isn't on the manager. This roster is better than half the league even with the dead weight. It's about tactics and putting your players in a position to win. He hasn't done that. And because of that, he deserves to lose his job.
Not even close. There's a reason most of these players were not protected by their clubs when we picked them up. They're trash. It's why expansion teams tend to do very poorly their first season. It's just not possible to build a quality team with MLS restrictions right away. All of those teams you mentioned have better squads than we do that they've spent multiple seasons building. None of those examples you listed prove otherwise.

I don't care who you are as a coach, there is very little you can honestly do with this team. Like I said, our best defender was embarrassed tonight. What could Kreis do differently about that? There's no one better he could have brought in. It's the same with the other areas of this team as well. Outside of Poku, our bench was horrific tonight.

Seriously, what were your expectations of a first year club in a salary limited league, picking from the scrapes of MLS in an expansion draft? We're mistakes made? Sure. But no one team is built perfectly, ignoring the limited placed upon an expansion team.

Beyond that, who do you hire? Arena is not leaving LA, Bradley is not leaving Norway. Who's left? Because if Jason Kreis was still at RSL many would say "hire Kreis"... Because he truly was/is one of the better options.
Basically I'm saying he deserves more than a year. Other factor, if you hire someone completely new the roster will be turned over again to fit his needs. That means players you like are gone, that means more frustration and anger.

Reactions: SoupInNYC

Kjbert, rather then go on and tell you how wrong you are, I will jus say this. I simply disagree with everything you have said. Kris is not going anywhere. Nor does he deserve to go anywhere. If after an official offseason or two where he get's to bring in real MLS players instead of the garbage he was given from the expansion draft, he has a season like this, then yes he will be gone.

Since I have followed MLS and the redbulls a very long time, except for this year, let me also tell you why Jesse Marsch has is doing better then Kreis is this year, and Mike Petke last year. Grella is a pretty decent mid in MLS. The redbulls also have avg to above average players in almost every position. But the most important reason they are doing very good is because their midfield is among the best in the league with Dax, Sacha, Sam, and Felipe/Grella. Its all about the midfield folks. Any team that can't get the ball to their forwards will be pure garbage like NYCFC is this year. The redbulls also have one of the better young CBs in the game in Miazga and a top 3 GK in Robles, oh not to mention one of the better strikers in the league in BWP. You can't compare the redbulls starting 11 to ours. They are hands down much better then NYCFC, not even close.

DC has again probably one of the best GK in the league, and one of the better CD/CDM's in the league in Perry Kitchen along with above avg MLS players in every position. They may not have a flashy name but those guys are proven MLS players. When you compare their roster to ours, its not even close DC is much better.

Columbus has no one?????? You did mention Kei Kamara, but are you forgetting about Finlay, Tchani, and oh by the way Higuan, who is one of the better distributors in this league? Again the common theme is MIDFIELD.

Kreis has made some mistakes sure, but you can't expect a team that fields Wingert, Grabavoy, Mullins, McNamara, Brovsky, Saunders, Ballouchy, consistently in the starting 11, and expect to be a good team. I am sorry it just doesn't work that way.

Now we are starting to get our horses back with Pirlo and hopefully Lampard, and Mix in the mid, and hopefully Poku in there somewhere, and more importantly, the more Iraola, Hernandez, Angelino, Facey play together the better our backline will be. The problem is, we may have dug ourselves to big of a hole to climb out of.

But the point is, Kreis will get at least 1 official offseason to show what he can do, a real offseason, maybe two before CFG thinks about getting rid of him. They invested a lot of time and money, relatively speaking into Kreis, and they are smart football people. They don't get rid of managers so easy, see Pelligreni this offseason with Man City. To me that is a good thing. So far this year has gone pretty much as expected.

Not even close. There's a reason most of these players were not protected by their clubs when we picked them up. They're trash. It's why expansion teams tend to do very poorly their first season. It's just not possible to build a quality team with MLS restrictions right away. All of those teams you mentioned have better squads than we do that they've spent multiple seasons building. None of those examples you listed prove otherwise.

I don't care who you are as a coach, there is very little you can honestly do with this team. Like I said, our best defender was embarrassed tonight. What could Kreis do differently about that? There's no one better he could have brought in. It's the same with the other areas of this team as well. Outside of Poku, our bench was horrific tonight.
He could earn the respect of his players and supporters. I don't think he has that right now, especially the players (excepting his RSL boys).

Reactions: Gavin23 and Kjbert
Why would Bob Bradley or Bruce Arena come here?

There's no salary cap on coaches. I don't know how much Kreis is getting, but I'm sure that CFG would pay a premium MLS coach DP money or more to make this work.

Whoever told you to quiet down is foolhardy. Kreis has 10 games left to save his career in MLS.

I think CFG gives him the rest of the season. There's no point firing the coach during the season even if there isn't something left to play for. Find a replacement and fire Kreis the day after the MLS Cup. The new guy starts the next day. Start next season the right way.

Reactions: Kjbert
It's become apparent that Kreis was a manager being protected by the genius Garth Lagerway.

You can't tell me RedBulls have more talent than us. If you believe that you're fucking delusional. Mike Grella was CUT by NYCFC in March. Cut. Told he wasn't good enough for this team. Sent home.

Now he's an important starter for RedBulls.

Give me a break. The Eastern Conference blows.

Definition of madness is trying the same thing over again and expecting a different result. That's Kreis. Fucking stooge.

I'd rather have Petke.

Kjbert, rather then go on and tell you how wrong you are, I will jus say this. I simply disagree with everything you have said. Kris is not going anywhere. Nor does he deserve to go anywhere. If after an official offseason or two where he get's to bring in real MLS players instead of the garbage he was given from the expansion draft, he has a season like this, then yes he will be gone.

Since I have followed MLS and the redbulls a very long time, except for this year, let me also tell you why Jesse Marsch has is doing better then Kreis is this year, and Mike Petke last year. Grella is a pretty decent mid in MLS. The redbulls also have avg to above average players in almost every position. But the most important reason they are doing very good is because their midfield is among the best in the league with Dax, Sacha, Sam, and Felipe/Grella. Its all about the midfield folks. Any team that can't get the ball to their forwards will be pure garbage like NYCFC is this year. The redbulls also have one of the better young CBs in the game in Miazga and a top 3 GK in Robles, oh not to mention one of the better strikers in the league in BWP. You can't compare the redbulls starting 11 to ours. They are hands down much better then NYCFC, not even close.

DC has again probably one of the best GK in the league, and one of the better CD/CDM's in the league in Perry Kitchen along with above avg MLS players in every position. They may not have a flashy name but those guys are proven MLS players. When you compare their roster to ours, its not even close DC is much better.

Columbus has no one?????? You did mention Kei Kamara, but are you forgetting about Finlay, Tchani, and oh by the way Higuan, who is one of the better distributors in this league? Again the common theme is MIDFIELD.

Kreis has made some mistakes sure, but you can't expect a team that fields Wingert, Grabavoy, Mullins, McNamara, Brovsky, Saunders, Ballouchy, consistently in the starting 11, and expect to be a good team. I am sorry it just doesn't work that way.

Now we are starting to get our horses back with Pirlo and hopefully Lampard, and Mix in the mid, and hopefully Poku in there somewhere, and more importantly, the more Iraola, Hernandez, Angelino, Facey play together the better our backline will be. The problem is, we may have dug ourselves to big of a hole to climb out of.

But the point is, Kreis will get at least 1 official offseason to show what he can do, a real offseason, maybe two before CFG thinks about getting rid of him. They invested a lot of time and money, relatively speaking into Kreis, and they are smart football people. They don't get rid of managers so easy, see Pelligreni this offseason with Man City. To me that is a good thing. So far this year has gone pretty much as expected.
Why don't you think Mullins gets major minutes for any teams in the league? He's pretty damn good. He makes smart runs. Have you not noticed how no one has space in the midfield when he's not out there? Is that coincidence?

Reactions: Gavin23 and Kjbert
He has time to turn it around this season, but his seat is red hot.

If the team is not performing when Lampard, Pirlo, and Mix are in the lineup, then he needs to go.

Reactions: Drainyoo and Kjbert
Why don't you think Mullins gets major minutes for any teams in the league? He's pretty damn good. He makes smart runs. Have you not noticed how no one has space in the midfield when he's not out there? Is that coincidence?
Dude, Mullins is not that good, trust me, he doesn't bring anything special to the table, not fast, dribbling/possession as a hold up striker/forward is lacking. He hasn't shown much this year, to be fair, no one has up top except for Villa. Why? Because our midfield sucks. They can't connect the play, they can't lead pass, they can't make intelligent runs, and they fold under pressure.

Pelligrini is only there because Pep can't join until July of 2016. Already agreed to terms. So you are wrong about CFG. Ask Ancellotti how patient they are...

Stop with the expansion draft bullshit. Could have had Marky Delgado. Picked Dunn.

Signed Nemec. Signed Mendoza. Traded for Kwame. Picked Grabavoy first. Fucked uo the expansion coin flip.

Why can't you admit he's, at most, an average manager? Why the hard on for him? B

Status
Not open for further replies.