#kreisout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone that says go get Bruce Arena or Bob Bradley loses all credibility with me. Not even worth replying as to why that will never happen. Anyone who watches MLS and world football, and has a clue, would never suggest either for the NYCFC head coaching gig. NEVER going to happen. Kries has another year or two minimum.

OMG. Really???????? I can't tell if this list is for real or a half hearted attempt at a joke.

1) Sir Alex: Unfortunately Joke.
2) Tony DiCicco: Joke.
3) Alexi Lalas: Why the fuck not?
4) Ian Paul Joy: Joke.
5) Patrick Vieira: I think he'd appreciate the better pay.
6) Manuel Pellegrini: Joke
7) Someone from the NCAA: Serious.

1) Sir Alex: Unfortunately Joke.
2) Tony DiCicco: Joke.
3) Alexi Lalas: Why the fuck not?
4) Ian Paul Joy: Joke.
5) Patrick Vieira: I think he'd appreciate the better pay.
6) Manuel Pellegrini: Joke
7) Someone from the NCAA: Serious.

Ok I won't respond to the joke recommendation but let me take a stab at the serious ones.

Alexi Lalas - I will be honest out of all of those names, this guy is the biggest joke, and one of the bigger jokes in MLS circles. He has found what he does best, and that is comment about the game. He tried the GM route with the Metrostars/Redbulls and he was a complete failure and then he moved on to the Galaxy. No one in they right mind ever and I do mean EVER thinks about Alexi Lalas, even for a mili-second when a coaching spot becomes available in MLS.

Patrick Vieira - No way, he has his thing going with the Man City youth and all indication is that he is quite happy. I don't even think he has any interest in going up the ladder within the Man City coaching spots. Plus not to mention MLS would eat coaches alive that from Europe that have never had any coaching experience before. Look at Owen Coyle of the Dynamo this year. Look at his statements this year about the scheduling, missing top players during fifa dates, the travel, etc....MLS is a long ways before attracting up and coming young European coaches.

NCAA coaches - The most recent successful NCAA coach to make a transition into MLS is that duechebag in Portland Caleb Porter. His record? Pretty avg. He was considered the best coach in College Soccer with the best program in Akron. No way someone like Porter can come to a club like NYCFC and succeed. MLS coaches, the ones that have had success have a proven system in MLS. They were once players, most of them, sans Bruce Arena. Look at Vermes, look at Olson, look at Kries during the RSL days. You need someone who has played in the league and knows about its travel, its scheduling, its turf, its style of play, the individual team styles etc.

This is why I say, Kries is still the best choice, and he will turn it around, no doubt about it. Its just hard to do so when you are fielding the following players in the starting 11 every game:

Saunders, Hernandez, Brovsky ( hasn't played in the last few games, thank god), Wingert, Ballouchy, Grabavoy, McNamara, Mullins, Shelton (a rookie, who hasn't played much recently, who is hurt but got major minutes early on when we got into this huge hole) and then you have subs like Alvarez, Nemec, and Vazquez, early on.

Think about this so far this year the only players that have actually shown anything and that belong are the following:

Villa
Facey
Mix - even though he has not played great, he is still one of our better midfielders
Maybe you can throw in there Hernandez, because before he got hurt, he was playing pretty well.
Poku on a limited basis as a sub for whatever reason, maybe conditioning, maybe not?

So bottom line is this. OUR ROSTER BLOWS! Absolutely a terrible roster up and down the field.

Can midfield of Pirlo, Lampard, Mix and whoever, hopefully Poku, change our fortunes? I hope so but we'll see.

Reactions: PVieira21
How do you explain that Wingert and Grabavoy have consistently been useless/cost us points yet they ALWAYS play? Is he that stupid or is he purposely tanking? HOW SWAY?

Reactions: Kjbert
i wondered how long it would take before this hastag became a thing....

Kreis is on borrowed time,that is for sure. He has the rest of the season to show that he is worth moving forward with.

He brings smart play, particularly intelligent runs. He's not extremely skillful on the ball for sure, but his movement is top class.

I won't argue it because it's inarguable. I know what I see. You know what you see. If you haven't paid attention to him off the ball when we play at home, then I would politely ask that you do. Afterwards, let me know if you truly still believe he's not worthy of commendation.
I won't say that I agree with you 100%, but compared to what we are paying him, he's a great value and certainly better than his current salary.

Ok I won't respond to the joke recommendation but let me take a stab at the serious ones.

Alexi Lalas - I will be honest out of all of those names, this guy is the biggest joke, and one of the bigger jokes in MLS circles. He has found what he does best, and that is comment about the game. He tried the GM route with the Metrostars/Redbulls and he was a complete failure and then he moved on to the Galaxy. No one in they right mind ever and I do mean EVER thinks about Alexi Lalas, even for a mili-second when a coaching spot becomes available in MLS.

Patrick Vieira - No way, he has his thing going with the Man City youth and all indication is that he is quite happy. I don't even think he has any interest in going up the ladder within the Man City coaching spots. Plus not to mention MLS would eat coaches alive that from Europe that have never had any coaching experience before. Look at Owen Coyle of the Dynamo this year. Look at his statements this year about the scheduling, missing top players during fifa dates, the travel, etc....MLS is a long ways before attracting up and coming young European coaches.

NCAA coaches - The most recent successful NCAA coach to make a transition into MLS is that duechebag in Portland Caleb Porter. His record? Pretty avg. He was considered the best coach in College Soccer with the best program in Akron. No way someone like Porter can come to a club like NYCFC and succeed. MLS coaches, the ones that have had success have a proven system in MLS. They were once players, most of them, sans Bruce Arena. Look at Vermes, look at Olson, look at Kries during the RSL days. You need someone who has played in the league and knows about its travel, its scheduling, its turf, its style of play, the individual team styles etc.

This is why I say, Kries is still the best choice, and he will turn it around, no doubt about it. Its just hard to do so when you are fielding the following players in the starting 11 every game:

Saunders, Hernandez, Brovsky ( hasn't played in the last few games, thank god), Wingert, Ballouchy, Grabavoy, McNamara, Mullins, Shelton (a rookie, who hasn't played much recently, who is hurt but got major minutes early on when we got into this huge hole) and then you have subs like Alvarez, Nemec, and Vazquez, early on.

Think about this so far this year the only players that have actually shown anything and that belong are the following:

Villa
Facey
Mix - even though he has not played great, he is still one of our better midfielders
Maybe you can throw in there Hernandez, because before he got hurt, he was playing pretty well.
Poku on a limited basis as a sub for whatever reason, maybe conditioning, maybe not?

So bottom line is this. OUR ROSTER BLOWS! Absolutely a terrible roster up and down the field.

Can midfield of Pirlo, Lampard, Mix and whoever, hopefully Poku, change our fortunes? I hope so but we'll see.
You really spent that much time replying to this? You'll never be more than an average poster making decisions like that.

Although I've had more than enough of Jason Kreis thesauerchise makes a good point. It's our first season and we've been limited on who we can pick up in the first season. Kreis has made some really shitty calls and that's what's killed us... literally. Substituting Angelino for Wingert?! Gtfo. Our impact of the game always comes when we go behind which is bullshit because if MLS had a relegation we would be the new QPR.

Pelligrini is only there because Pep can't join until July of 2016. Already agreed to terms. So you are wrong about CFG. Ask Ancellotti how patient they are...

Stop with the expansion draft bullshit. Could have had Marky Delgado. Picked Dunn.

Signed Nemec. Signed Mendoza. Traded for Kwame. Picked Grabavoy first. Fucked uo the expansion coin flip.

Why can't you admit he's, at most, an average manager? Why the hard on for him? B

Would you like to link me to that comment where Pep has already agreed terms? I wouldn't want that dude at City.

Reactions: SoupInNYC

Villa
Facey

If it wasn't for Saunders in a lot of the matches we'd be dead last, literally. So to say that Saudners doesn't belong on this team is bullshit and you must not have watched a lot of games. Hernandez hasn't been terrible but not amazing either but he's young (City Elite Youth Player) and still has to develop. Wingert, Grabavoy, Mullins, Shelton, Nemec, can all be cut right now if it was possible.

Man, people are attacking Saunders, too?

I was against him when we got him but he has won me over. Not perfect but still pretty damn great.

Reactions: Konrad
Out of everything that has happened, this thread is what makes me embarrassed to be a NYCFC fan. Halfway through our first season and you want one of the most successful MLS coaches ever gone. You won't even give him one off season to turnover the roster from expansion draft players to actual solid players? Ridiculous. Seriously you people need more patience.

Out of everything that has happened, this thread is what makes me embarrassed to be a NYCFC fan. Halfway through our first season and you want one of the most successful MLS coaches ever gone. You won't even give him one off season to turnover the roster from expansion draft players to actual solid players? Ridiculous. Seriously you people need more patience.
Seriously.

He hasn't even had 1 game with 2 DPs...

Reactions: D_RoyJenkins
Seriously.

He hasn't even had 1 game with 2 DPs...

Honestly Kreis has made some shitty moves you need to admit that but I also agree that Kreis needs to take his head out of his ass and seriously take a long hard look at his squad. At this rate he won't be manager for much longer. NYCFC HAS to be top of the MLS standings next season especially with who we've signed. I agree that after this season he needs to go through each player with the exception of Saunders, Poky, Villa, Lampard, Pirlo, Hernandez, Angelino, Iraola and really see who needs to go and who can stay.

Should point out the team has had very little time to gel.

-Got punked by Man Shitty right out of the gates with Lampard
-Calle came in late, got injured, came back, got injured again.
-Mendoza came and went.
-Tony Taylor season ending injury.
-Mix has missed several games for the USMNT.
-Nemec didn't pan out.
-George John out.
-Brought in Gooch, he got injured.
-Shelton's injured.
-Velasquez came and went.
-Just brought in Angelino and Iraola, have to get them up to speed/gel.
-Will soon be bringing in Lampard, Pirlo, and Mena.
-Got screwed over by the league on Tefu

That's a crazy amount of turmoil and turnover for a first season.

He's a good coach but not a miracle worker.

Honestly Kreis has made some shitty moves you need to admit that but I also agree that Kreis needs to take his head out of his ass and seriously take a long hard look at his squad. At this rate he won't be manager for much longer. NYCFC HAS to be top of the MLS standings next season especially with who we've signed. I agree that after this season he needs to go through each player with the exception of Saunders, Poky, Villa, Lampard, Pirlo, Hernandez, Angelino, Iraola and really see who needs to go and who can stay.
What people don't realize is how different MLS is from other leagues. Most franchises have NEVER had a decent coach. Jason Kreis built a MLS championship winning team and Concafaf Champions league finalist in UTAH. Imagine what he can do with the resources of CFG and the lure of NYC. He had a rough first year with RSL too, I just told you what he ended up accomplishing. Give the man some time dammit!

Reactions: S1ARK5
What people don't realize is how different MLS is from other leagues. Most franchises have NEVER had a decent coach. Jason Kreis built a MLS championship winning team and Concafaf Champions league finalist in UTAH. Imagine what he can do with the resources of CFG and the lure of NYC. He had a rough first year with RSL too, I just told you what he ended up accomplishing. Give the man some time dammit!

Take a breath buddy. You obviously didn't read the entire piece. No team wanting to be #1 will give a man three to four years it's just how it works. Look @ Europe.

The team needs a suitably high-profile coach to command the respect of the players who appear to have little respect for Kreis. That probably means a foreign manager is the way to go. As a newcomer to MLS I'm amazed there aren't more foreign coaches already - it's the best and fastest way for a league to improve and diversify.

If you get to rewatch last night's game (and please don't do this) you'll see the moment I realized Kreis was done - watch his reaction after Grabavoy gets sent off. His assistant (don't know his name) was waving some tactics board in his face, throwing out various scenarios of how we were going to rejig our formation with ten men. Kreis was just standing there with an expression on his face like he'd just been diagnosed with something nasty and mumbling yes to everything he said. There was no leadership, no accountability, no impetus, no plan. I feel sorry for the guy - honestly I do, I'm just nice like that - but I think this project has got away from him. He's out of his depth.

The team needs a suitably high-profile coach to command the respect of the players who appear to have little respect for Kreis. That probably means a foreign manager is the way to go. As a newcomer to MLS I'm amazed there aren't more foreign coaches already - it's the best and fastest way for a league to improve and diversify.

If you get to rewatch last night's game (and please don't do this) you'll see the moment I realized Kreis was done - watch his reaction after Grabavoy gets sent off. His assistant (don't know his name) was waving some tactics board in his face, throwing out various scenarios of how we were going to rejig our formation with ten men. Kreis was just standing there with an expression on his face like he'd just been diagnosed with something nasty and mumbling yes to everything he said. There was no leadership, no accountability, no impetus, no plan. I feel sorry for the guy - honestly I do, I'm just nice like that - but I think this project has got away from him. He's out of his depth.

I've only been saying this since our loss to the Red Bulls first game. Kreis has no idea what he's doing, yes it's only his first season, but NYCFC should be in the play-off positions at this point in the season, not bottom table. He has absolutely no clue about tactics, substitutions, etc. Where the fuck do you take out Angelino and bring in Wingert who has been nothing short of atrocious all season? Just like he did with the Red Bulls where he brough in Brovsky for the injured Wingert but then takes Brovsky out? His head is so far up his ass he no idea what he's doing.

D_RoyJenkins D_RoyJenkins what you're missing is that Garth Lagerway built that team. Not Kreis. Kreis rode his coat tails in RSL and we got snookered into hiring him.

Reactions: Gavin23
Status
Not open for further replies.