L A F C Crest Leak & Announcement

LionNYC

Registered
Staff member
Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
These were published before somewhere but the LAFC crest is to be unveiled on Thursday. These are both from the US Trademark Office. Here are the ones for LAFC. Also, here is the link for all trademarks owned by MLS: http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showf...c&state=4807:15uvmz.1.1&a_search=Submit+Query

ImageAgentProxy-1.jpeg
ImageAgentProxy.jpeg

Reactions: Z4CH3B99
I can see all the organic, authentic types getting all twisted over the logo on the left. I saw it and immediately thought Galaxy.

I don't like either of the crests. The one of the left is too cluttered and the name is confirmed LAFC so it can't be SC. The one of the right looks like a bad game of thrones logo with a soccer ball there for no reason.

I don't like either of the crests. The one of the left is too cluttered and the name is confirmed LAFC so it can't be SC. The one of the right looks like a bad game of thrones logo with a soccer ball there for no reason.
Yeah. What's their mascot? In the second logo I see castles (Kings?), Bears, Eagles, and Lions. Isn't that a bit much?

Both of these were copyrighted by the league before they purchased Chivas, gutted it and then sold an expansion slot to LAFC. I seriously doubt either ends up the crest.

Reactions: FootyLovin
Both of these were copyrighted by the league before they purchased Chivas, gutted it and then sold an expansion slot to LAFC. I seriously doubt either ends up the crest.

Well, I doubt that they would announce the crest before it gets approve for a trademark.

for some reason i want something dragon related just to mess with people.

Left one: Looks like a High School student taking a graphic design course as given a project using only ClipArt and a Microsoft Word Font Package.

Right one: a soccer ball...? really?

These two crests are over 2 years old, there's almost zero chance they are in consideration for LAFC right now. The trademark claim on the left crest was abandoned last summer.

That said, the fact that the crest on the right has not been abandoned gives it a non-zero chance it's still alive. But I remain doubtful they'd go with that 1990's NFL Europe looking thing.

I'm just going to lock this up as there's nothing really to discuss it seems seeing as how it's a very old design.

Looks nice, but its strange that they would use a Art Deco font and wing motif. Very old hollywood 1920's

I didn't like it at first then it occurred to me it's an angel wing for the city of angels and then I began to like it.

Black and gold are the colors. Sucks they aren't joining for another two years.

Reactions: Paul and FootyLovin
I'm watching the live feed and their fans' chants are already better than ours.

Beautiful. I really like it. Though I wasnt too thrilled with a second LA franchise was hoping they would to expand into new untapped markets but whatever.

Looks nice, but its strange that they would use a Art Deco font and wing motif. Very old hollywood 1920's

Strange because they chose anything Hollywood related, or strange because they chose old Hollywood?