L A F C Crest Leak & Announcement

i see it and think meh....i dont know i feel like its a product logo not sports team logo especially with the colors. ( and no that doesnt mean i want a soccer ball in there somewhere).

i guess all thats left is see how the jersey's are going to look

CYItNpVU0AA5GkA.jpg:large

I also have a "meh" reaction, which is a bit odd because I love art Deco and 1920s and 1930s iconography. I also love clean uncluttered looks, which this is. So I can't figure out why it leaves me flat. Perhaps the gold/black combo, and the particular shade of gold. In truth I have nothing bad to say about it; it just doesn't do it. But what counts is how LA reacts.

Reactions: joe
I also have a "meh" reaction, which is a bit odd because I love art Deco and 1920s and 1930s iconography. I also love clean uncluttered looks, which this is. So I can't figure out why it leaves me flat. Perhaps the gold/black combo, and the particular shade of gold. In truth I have nothing bad to say about it; it just doesn't do it. But what counts is how LA reacts.

I think what makes this logo and Atlanta's logo seem a little strange is that there is no white. Almost every crest/logo has some white in it. So it doesn't "pop" as much. Look at them in an array, they look duller than the others:

LAFC-MatthewWolffDesign-AllMLSlogos.jpg

That said, it's a pretty minor nitpick. I think it's a grand slam. On Reddit a lot of people are saying stuff like "this is going to go global." That merch is pretty sick.

I think what makes this logo and Atlanta's logo seem a little strange is that there is no white. Almost every crest/logo has some white in it. So it doesn't "pop" as much. Look at them in an array, they look duller than the others:

That said, it's a pretty minor nitpick. I think it's a grand slam. On Reddit a lot of people are saying stuff like "this is going to go global." That merch is pretty sick.
That's certainly truee off the black background in that grouping. The Union looks kind of dull there, too. But Orlando looks fine, and I realize it has a thin white border, but even without it I think it would stand out on that background because it has no black.

Looks like the UPS logo

Reactions: Gotham Gator
I think it's the shade of gold, the design itself looks great.

Even black and white would be better, but then they'd be the Nets.

Reactions: mgarbowski
Looks really nice, a great addition to MLS Next. Though some pink would have been nice.

Predominantly gold home shirts don't create a pretty picture in my mind's eye. Black on the road might be cool, though.

Reactions: CP_Scouse