Lampard Statement

Vinjay

Registered
Mar 19, 2014
Merits own thread (EDIT-On 2nd thoughts maybe not) considering the direct comments from Lampard (many of you wouldn't have woken up yet but its likely first thing people will react to)

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/09/frank-lampard-manchester-city-nycfc

“I want to make it completely clear about my situation as I have read a lot of lies and nonsense over the last few days,” read Lampard’s statement.

“When released from Chelsea last year at the end of my contract I signed a commitment to play in NYCFC for two years starting January 1st 2015. I was then offered the chance to train and be a part of the Man City squad in the interim to keep myself in the best shape going inot New York.

“This period has since been extended by Man City and I will now start playing for NYCFC at the end of this current Premier League season. There has always been a constant dialogue between all parties in this time to find the best solution for everyone.

“I can say that I am very excited about arriving in New York and giving everything to the team to make us a success in the MLS as soon as possible. Thanks everyone for your ongoing support and I wish everyone a healthy and happy 2015.”

Last edited:
Nothing in Frank's statement changes my mind about what happened. Pellegrini wanted Lampard for the rest of the season. Frank wanted to be at MCFC for the rest of the season instead of joining our team. Thats what happened. Hopefully we sign Mix. I dont think we can do better in the January window.

He just confirmed everything we already know, that they all lied to us, and he's not commited to this team. Thanks Lampy.

If you signed a commitment to join NYCFC on Jan 1st, then man up and show up on Jan 1st.

Sorry Frank. I can't hear anything but your whore lips smacking.

(Repped for content of post, not content of statement)

Last edited:
If we never 'signed' Frank, just sign a 3rd DP and let him stay at MC. Getting Mix will be a bigger win than getting Frankie. I'll cheer harder if we sign Jozy as a 3rd DP instead of Frank.

If we never 'signed' Frank, just sign a 3rd DP and let him stay at MC. Getting Mix will be a bigger win than getting Frankie. I'll cheer harder if we sign Jozy as a 3rd DP instead of Frank.
You clearly have not seen Jozy play for Sunderland. Or maybe I should say, you haven't seen Jozy walk up and down the field for Sunderland upon occasion.

You clearly have not seen Jozy play for Sunderland. Or maybe I should say, you haven't seen Jozy walk up and down the field for Sunderland upon occasion.

I would cheer more for a fellow tri-state-er who has done good for the USMNT and American soccer vs someone who quit on us before we started and would rather be in the EU than here. I didn't say Jozy will give us more talent.

Apparently they were up all night hammering out the deal.
tumblr_lb83rsQBkG1qeue3vo1_250.gif

Some people are just not going to be satisfied no matter what was said or done up to and including him coming back to NY a few weeks ago. Until matches start in what 58 days(?) it is the primary thing to talk/kvetch about.

Nothing in Frank's statement changes my mind about what happened. Pellegrini wanted Lampard for the rest of the season. Frank wanted to be at MCFC for the rest of the season instead of joining our team. Thats what happened. Hopefully we sign Mix. I dont think we can do better in the January window.
To that matter, Frank sternly stated absolutely nothing. He avoided actually taking ownership of the loan extension, and called out "lies" when he actually was reiterating exactly what the press had said.

This has been a masterclass in catastrophic PR.