Manchester City V Bayern Munich - Post Match Thread

JCizzle

Registered
Nov 18, 2014
I know there's a separate MCFC forum but just wanted to say wow. NYCFC parent club MCFC defeated German giants Bayern Munich 3-2 just now in a HUGE Champions League match keeping City's hopes alive scoring 2 goals in the last 5 minutes of regulation and down 2-1.

Manchester City

• Sergio Agüero 21' PEN
  • Sergio Agüero 85'
  • S. Agüero 90' +1'
3 - 2
FT

Bayern Munich

• • Xabi Alonso 40'
  • • Robert Lewandowski 45'

Wouldn't it be better not to create separate threads with Game Scores In the Headline so as to ruin things for those watching the game on a delay?

Wouldn't it be better not to create separate threads with Game Scores In the Headline so as to ruin things for those watching the game on a delay?
Like myself. I'm surprised to see Man City win though.

I'm going to change the title of this thread and also move it to the "Other Leagues" section.

Great win gives us a great chance (us Magnus in this case being sister club in the cfg more commonly known as Man City) a great chance to go through

Whether we deserve the chance is one question

Whether it will adversely affect our chances in other conpetitions is another

Of course I want us to win it. But I would rather win domestically first then win this rigged competition second.

Great win gives us a great chance (us Magnus in this case being sister club in the cfg more commonly known as Man City) a great chance to go through

Whether we deserve the chance is one question

Whether it will adversely affect our chances in other conpetitions is another

Of course I want us to win it. But I would rather win domestically first then win this rigged competition second.
Remember last year City won the Capital One cup, made it out of group stage of the Champions League, and stil won the Premier League. City bosses want to be a major player on the Euro stage.

very cool. Is it true that Man City fans at the Etihad are not as loud as other venues?

very cool. Is it true that Man City fans at the Etihad are not as loud as other venues?

I think what you'll find is that most teams have pretty quiet home fans, and the better the tran the worse it gets. The Emirates is nicknamed "The Library", Old Trafford is generally mocked as being 50% corporate guests from London (the prawn sandwich brigade) and 50% Asian tourists, and even at Liverpool, where everyone praises the noise and atmosphere of their fans singing " You'll Never Walk Alone", what no one seems to talk about is how that song is sung before the game and the noise levels after kick-off can never compete with that.

The thing is that English football is going through a transitional phase which is causing a lot of friction. The skyrocketing ticket prices are driving working class fans out in place of the wealthier middle class families, which is an issue as the working class fans are the ones who create atmosphere. The government and the clubs are also trying hard to limit the amount of alcohol fans consume before arriving, which is a problem as it's the alcohol which gets the fans singing. The modern types of stadium are increasingly being designed to look good, which is a problem as the rooves over the stands have to be angled a certain way to retain sound, otherwise it dissipates. As the amount of money in the game makes the price of failure so high, sober fans grow increasingly nervous when the ball gets near either goal, which is a problem as a fan who is sitting on the edge of his seat, biting his nails, is not a fan who is singing. You see where I'm going with this.

English fans on their day have the ability to sing up as loudly as fans from any other country. The problem is just that unless both sets of fans are lively and the game is getting everyone pumped, fans are growing more and more likely to stay quiet for long spells.

My take on it is the newer the stadium, the worse the "home" atmosphere.
Away fans being put together means a conglomerate of sound from one area....
New stadiums tend to disperse the traditional singing fans around the new ground, which waters down the atmosphere.

The Etihad is a first class stadium, Maine Road had a first class atmosphere especially when the Kippax belonged to the fans (before all seater when the singing fans had to relocate to the Platt Lane)

Good to know. Similar to the new Yankee Stadium. Have to travel there someday.