Manchester United Fans - The Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
And reading back on it I probably got suckered in a bit too.
However it does not change my view on United nor wanting NYCFC to be a success

I respect your opinion and I respect that I can't change it and I wouldn't expect or want you to.

But we can't alienate Utd fans by telling them they can't wear their shirts to NYCFC matches. And people can have their opinions about it, but it is a fact, we can not afford to alienate anyone.

And I think that that rubbed some people the wrong way and it was exasperated by this ongoing inter-city fighting.

Eidwindir, please do not think I am having a pop, but from what I am reading there are two sides to your view.
I think that you have placed some valid arguments and do a good job, I also try to always place a valid argument in the debate, or come up with a constructive input (such as on Nicknames thread) but because someone disagrees it always seems to be take the anti MCFC view that will keep the majority happy. Sorry if you disagree, this is something I am pointing out and I do not wish to cause offence
Black and white is a view reserved for the thick-headed. The Warzone was created to have heated debate. What's happening in this discussion is not a debate. It's a perpetual argument. Anytime I think it's laid to rest I get an alert with more shit being thrown on the otherside of the fence.

And I know I have the ac
cess to shut down the discussion but I don't think forcing my personal view on others is the right move.

The very fact that YOU believe the negativity is placed on you for being a ManC fan IS the problem. You know, yesterday a group of us went to the Red Bulls v Cosmos game. We walked into the lion's den and no one gave a shit. I was sitting between Cosmos supporters, RB supporters, United supporters, City supporters, one Crystal Palace supporter and we all got along.

This is soccer. Not the West Bank. No one hates you. No one is against you. We want ManC support. We want you to feel welcome here. But we also want to be able to support in our own way. We don't need a history lesson to do that.

Last edited:
i think the passion is just different in england,im not saying you lot are not passionate about your team,its just different...i do a lot of england games as well as city,and SOME fans would just not entertain the company of other fans........i was reffering to you being at a game with other fans by the way.....as for "more shit being thrown on the other side of the fence",if shit is thrown into a blues garden,IT WILL come back.

i think the passion is just different in england,im not saying you lot are not passionate about your team,its just different...i do a lot of england games as well as city,and SOME fans would just not entertain the company of other fans........i was reffering to you being at a game with other fans by the way.....as for "more shit being thrown on the other side of the fence",if shit is thrown into a blues garden,IT WILL come back.
If shit's thrown into any garden it'll get thrown back. Unless you like a shitty garden. I suppose it might help the plants grow.

I'm a Scouser. Hate Utd fans, didn't know many when I was living in Liverpool and didn't want to. Didn't mind City fans, was OK with Everton fans except around the derby. Hate Chelsea fans but again, don't see many in Liverpool. Arsenal are OK with me.

I moved to NY when I was 21. It's a melting pot. Fans from everywhere supporting every team. My best mates there are English, one's a Chelsea fan and the other's a Gunner. You learn to accommodate each other. I still give the Chelsea fan a load of shit but it's all good natured. In England you support a team because you live in that city mostly and are surrounded by people who support the same team. In New York, everyone supports a different team. You can't maintain the same attitude you would in England in NY without being a closed minded prick!

EDIT: This is in agreement with you by the way, the passion is different and I found that this is why. If anything though moving to NY made me more passionate about my team. It was my connection to home and something that was more unique in the city.

Last edited:
I know some United fans, and get on rather well with them. I've had drinks with United fans, and whilst there is banter and shit-throwing, there's a line neither will cross. Respect, if you will.

But then when you talk of United as a club and the fans as a whole, then, yes, they're just a bunch of wankers, and their fall from grace last season was positively hilarious #MoyesIn

That said, I would never allow someone to come into my home wearing a United shirt, but neither would I go into a United fan's home with a City shirt on (or a NYCFC shirt for that matter). Again, respect.

Reactions: AndreT_NY
But then when you talk of United as a club and the fans as a whole, then, yes, they're just a bunch of wankers, and their fall from grace last season was positively hilarious #MoyesIn

We've found common ground there mate!

I respect your opinion and I respect that I can't change it and I wouldn't expect or want you to.

But we can't alienate Utd fans by telling them they can't wear their shirts to NYCFC matches. And people can have their opinions about it, but it is a fact, we can not afford to alienate anyone.

And I think that that rubbed some people the wrong way and it was exasperated by this ongoing inter-city fighting.

Glad we are all going to agree to disagree, but I really cant get my head around that bit sorry, anyway this is where I dip out of this one, I can't be bothered to go round the circle anymore.

Glad we are all going to agree to disagree, but I really cant get my head around that bit sorry, anyway this is where I dip out of this one, I can't be bothered to go round the circle anymore.
Since OP is tapping out I'm locking this thread. It's probably for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.