Mcfc Appreciates Ecs.

(Manchester) City fan in peace here!

Well done on your positive start to the season! It's nice to see Villa causing problems for the opposition yesterday.

I don't get why there are any fans of either NY or Manchester that don't like each other - I want you guys to do well, and I'd expect a lot of your fans to feel the same about us!

Good luck for the rest of the season!

(Manchester) City fan in peace here!

Well done on your positive start to the season! It's nice to see Villa causing problems for the opposition yesterday.

I don't get why there are any fans of either NY or Manchester that don't like each other - I want you guys to do well, and I'd expect a lot of your fans to feel the same about us!

Good luck for the rest of the season!
Thank you and Welcome! There's a 1,00 year history to the hate that got crammed into 7 months. Better not to get into it as most of us really want to put it in the past now that we have games to play. We welcome MC fans who just want us to do well. On the flip side, even without some of the issues that arose between the clubs last fall/winter, many of us here have pre-existing allegiances to EPL teams, and so at best, we end up indifferent to your club. Just how it is. But cheers!

Reactions: Gene
Thank you and Welcome! There's a 1,00 year history to the hate that got crammed into 7 months. Better not to get into it as most of us really want to put it in the past now that we have games to play. We welcome MC fans who just want us to do well. On the flip side, even without some of the issues that arose between the clubs last fall/winter, many of us here have pre-existing allegiances to EPL teams, and so at best, we end up indifferent to your club. Just how it is. But cheers!

Yes. If there are NYCFC fans who do not have a Premier League affiliation, it will be natural for them to support MCFC; however, as has been pointed out above and by others, there are many NYCFC fans whose support for varying EPL clubs pre-date the existence of NYCFC and so those allegiances remain (at least for the most part) without change.

Reactions: JohnnyBigmilk
Post 2008 Man City fans can be bad, but there nothing compared to the "Passionate" Man United or Real Madrid lifelong fans lol.

Reactions: NYCFCFan10
Yes. If there are NYCFC fans who do not have a Premier League affiliation, it will be natural for them to support MCFC; however, as has been pointed out above and by others, there are many NYCFC fans whose support for varying EPL clubs pre-date the existence of NYCFC and so those allegiances remain (at least for the most part) without change.

Hi, another long time Man City fan (since the 80s) and new NYCFC fan here (also in peace)

You are quite right in what you say, it's very wrong for us to assume as NYCFC fans that you will automatically support MCFC. Although a big and well followed team in the UK, outside we have only come to prominence in the last few years following our (joint) new owners and the success which has followed. I'd say most Man City fans were a little bit worried by their arrival but they have breathed new life into us, not just the team, but the whole community and area around the ground, so I have no doubt their intentions are good where NYCFC are concerned too.

Sadly, I think most Man City fans wrongly assume your knowledge and interest in the game has only just began, whereas other successful English clubs have a massive following already, the support for Liverpool when we played them them at the Yankee stadium was immense. We have a long way to go to be fair.

But our own knowledge of the MLS, besides Beckham's spell at L A Galaxy, is probably not where it should be either, so hopefully the vast majority of Man City fans will get behind NYCFC and support you all the way, regardless. Having watched both games so far, I've seen enough to think you will do well as the season progresses! Best of luck!

Last edited:
Just to point out that the EC in the thread title refers to entitled cunts.
Good to see the penny is finally dropping that the majority of city fans are behind nycfc.
Unfortunately we seemed to be getting Tared with the same brush for damo ,s rants .
And all the positive stuff posted is getting ignored

Reactions: kas_tippler
I can't see what's not to be positive about, both 'Citys' are doing well and the fan base for both is great, just a few small minded trying to ruin it for both sides. I have been to New York before and thought it was great, inspiring even. Manchester is also a fantastic place, it's the people and passion which make both great and will bode well for both teams but unique in their own ways!

Actually, this thread is to recognize the good Manchester fans.

The thread for Damocles and his kind is in the off-topic section now and has the reverse title of this.
I know what it is mate but why have entitled cunts in the thread title.why not have mcfc fans appreciate nycfc ?

Actually, this thread is to recognize the good Manchester fans.

The thread for Damocles and his kind is in the off-topic section now and has the reverse title of this.
To be fair, the other thread should have stayed here, too. And It did for a long time until it got polluted by people who didn't understand the forum title - you know, NYCFC Supporter Discussion. It certainly doesn't say NYCFC Supporters give equal time to everyone forum. I wouldn't expect another club's forum to do that.

Reactions: NYCFCFan10
This has always been a bit of a stumbling block for me to support NYCFC. I started properly following MLS last year from the UK but never really strongly followed a specific team. Hearing about NYCFC peaked my interest immediately but the connection with MCFC always put me off. I'm an avid Liverpool fan and haven't really had the best experience with those from Manchester and found many of their fans to not be a pleasant bunch! Obviously don't want to just go on a rant and I have a few family members who are great MCFC fans. But you can see why it would put someone like me off. Reading through this I can see, for many reasons why a lot of NYCFC fans are following MCFC in the way many expected. I know the teams will be connected, and share a few fans, but I just hope this club doesn't become MCFC Mark II and NYCFC creates its own individual identity and fan base. It's been good to hear that many fans hear have allegiances to different premier league teams.