Miguel Camargo [Midfielder]

Camargo one of the better players on Panama. Has had a good shot forcing a great save, and has pwned Gonzalez a few times. No reason he should be behind tmac this year
The shot was really good but I've been less than impressed overall. Seems flat-footed and slow of thought. Some of that could be rust though. In general I feel like Zusi has him in his figurative back pocket.

The shot was really good but I've been less than impressed overall. Seems flat-footed and slow of thought. Some of that could be rust though. In general I feel like Zusi has him in his figurative back pocket.
You aren't a TPFKAU fan, are you? Because that criticism is pertinent like every match for him.

He did the thing he has done with us where he receives the ball and then continues in slow motion. When he has done it for us I was confused as to whether he was slow in thought or just quickly winded, but it may just be his style. It's strange because he is not doing it in typical hold up situations so it's not that. With that said he played well enough to be noticeable, and he earned that goal. I am perplexed by him, but think he could be useful for us.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
He did the thing he has done with us where he receives the ball and then continues in slow motion. When he has done it for us I was confused as to whether he was slow in thought or just quickly winded, but it may just be his style. It's strange because he is not doing it in typical hold up situations so it's not that. With that said he played well enough to be noticeable, and he earned that goal. I am perplexed by him, but think he could be useful for us.
Yeah, maybe he is used to getting more supporting runs than he has been getting with NYCFC. Sort of the way players run off of Villa when he receives the ball. But he doesn't command that sorta respect yet.

Reactions: JayH
Haven't the majority of his appearances been with incomplete lineups? Philly without Wallace and Herrera and RSL starting up top with TMac and Okoli
Yep, and he was crucified for his defense on a corner (which was abysmally poor). Just make sure he doesn't have to man-mark their best attacker on set pieces and let him help make his mark on offense - he's got skills in tight quarters and can play a nice pass.

As I've said, I think he deserves another look if he keeps up this level of quality in the Gold Cup, but let's not sugarcoat how bad he was when he got real minutes. In his last start against Philly at home, he was bad defensively, bad going forward, bad bad bad. I remember a couple times he ended a promising attack by playing a poor pass. He was subbed out after 60', and we came back to win the game.

Hoping for better from him and won't be surprised if we get it, but there's a reason he's been out these last few weeks.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
You have to see what you are comparing him to. If Tmac had never made any poor passes that killed a promising attack, your point would make sense. Tmac has been plenty bad and has played a lot more minutes than anyone else. Even if he's got defensive issues, which I don't see how you evaluate after 177 minutes, he seems to have more promise than our other choices, just based on his performance vs the USA