MLS - April 1 - New England (Away)

They are doing much better than Chicago though, which I technically consider MLS 1.0 despite their '98 expansion.
Right now maybe, but Chicago along the way at least managed to build a stadium and win a cup. Neither of those things matter much right now but still… The Krafts are wealthy and popular in NE and have never been bothered to do either.

true true. i always forget end of 2018.
Torrent has the best regular season PPG of any NYCFC coach, but he also had the worst extended slump in NYCFC history. Cut out the slump and his PPG was an absurd 2.18 PPG over 34 games. So streaky.

ETA: Also, I was mistaken when I said Nick has never had a striker at all. He had Taty for 8 games, and Heber for most of last year, though he was rarely fit for 90.

I don’t get the negativity here. Good result to scrap back for the draw against a good team on their shitty turf. Created some nice attacking sequences. Went for the win late instead of sitting back. Better than I feared two months ago.
Agreed, haven't finished catching up on this thread but was surprised by most of the comments.

Thought we played well on the road on a shit surface against the current (at the time) top team in the East. Sure there are still a lot of things to clean up, but this was a much deserved good draw.

Also, after watching this one, based on our current roster, this is how I would line things up:

Talles Magno
Santi - Ledezma - GP
Parks - Sands
Cufre - Chanot - Thiago Martins - Ilenic
That's an intriguing XI in a 4-2-3-1. But man, we have so much flexibility right now. We don't have enough minutes for everybody who probably should get some.

I have to be honest, though -- Talles Magno needs to be on the wing where he can play in space. I just don't think his game suits the role of being the point of the spear. We were much more coherent and dangerous in New England than we've been at any point this season, I think, and that was largely because he was (as I said in another post) "liberated."

I'll be interested to see what Nick cooks up against Atlanta, though. Does he give Segal another shot? If he does, that almost certainly puts us in a 4-3-3 with Magno on one wing and either Gabi or Pellegrini on the other; Sands, Parks and Santi in the midfield; and your back four, unless Ilenic is injured. If he is, we might see O'Toole for Cufré to compensate for Gray's lack of offensive threat.

Reactions: Schwallacus
i did not notice that sands was captain for this match. are we doing a rotating captain or something?

Reactions: Kjbert
i did not notice that sands was captain for this match. are we doing a rotating captain or something?
Seems kind of silly. Give captaincy to Chanot and then give band to whomever according your whims when he is unavailable.

Seems kind of silly. Give captaincy to Chanot and then give band to whomever according your whims when he is unavailable.

i agree. we need ONE captain. and an alternate or two. guess this is why there hasn't been any sort of announcement.

I don't know, but I'm assuming it wasn't Chanot as he was away during most of the week for international duty.