MLS - August 21 - Chicago (Away)

A win against Chicago in Chicago!

The attack is starting to gel a bit... I can see this going well in the next few games.

One thing to note is that Chicago are 1.16 PPG. Interesting to me that this season only two teams are <1.0ppg. Last season there were 5.

Also, another thing. Last season we finished with 51 points on the season and a home playoff game. We are now on 45 points with 8 games remaining. Our current PPG, even with the three losses in a row, would put us in 2nd place in every of the last few years except 2018 and 2020 (which i won't count bc shorter season, so more teams ended with 1.7+ppg)

Good win but I don't enjoy seeing us in a low block. I really hope this is temporary to gain some defensive confidence and get some players back from injury and back in form (tinny).

Our attack looked nice but it was Chicago. They weren't exactly pressing us like good teams do. They let us play and so we did. Missing some key players but we did well enough.

Hopefully a nice boost of confidence for the next one.

Here's hoping some injured guys can make it back in a month or less!

Chicago is so bad. Good performance, but Chicago is so bad.

This game got me thinking -- if you look at the MLS standings this year, look at all the big teams having awful seasons. Atlanta. Toronto. DC. Galaxy. Portland. Seattle. Sporting KC. All really big teams with ambition in MLS, all having bad seasons. And as we all know, since 2016 we have never had a bad season. I know we've been slumping lately, but we should be so fortunate we are always good, and always play entertaining football. Things could be a lot worse here.

Hopefully this is the confidence boost they need. Tough game in Orlando, then DC at home and a few games against opponents we should beat. Hopefully we can get back closer to the top of the conference over the next few weeks.

Chicago isn't quite as bad as they were earlier in the season. They're not a very good attacking side, but they stay in games, and they can beat you if you don't actively dispatch them. Which we did today, despite conceding so much possession. So good on us.

Anyway, I Just came across this as I was digging into today's Prem action. Very nice breakdown of the Leeds United press. We're not anywhere near this level, of course, but it made me think of how good a job we did of surrounding the ball ourselves today. I hope we see more of that.

Last edited:
Chicago isn't quite as bad as they were earlier in the season. They're not a very good attacking side, but they stay in games, and they can beat you if you don't actively dispatch them. Which we did today, despite conceding so much possession. So good on us.
Right. Not trying to say they are a good team or anything, but they’ve been in decent form lately, and NYCFC have always had trouble there, especially at SeatGeek (only their second win there, and first since the 2016 opener)

Attachments

• 11989DE2-B07F-4296-BFC7-5E7CFAA7D89D.jpeg
    11989DE2-B07F-4296-BFC7-5E7CFAA7D89D.jpeg
    316.5 KB · Views: 7
The kind of stare that can put out a fire

esivlviyuttmnzratwzv.jpg