MLS - August 24 - Chicago (Home - CF)

They score. Next moment.

But what if they score again?

this is not exactly motivational or inspiring in any way, at least to me.

kinda reminds me of a ted lasso goldfish pep talk. but unfortunately, we don't live in a sports dramedy.

i'd much prefer to see cushing fire them up and challenge them to be hungry and ruthless.

Reactions: ALBNYfan
this is not exactly motivational or inspiring in any way, at least to me.

kinda reminds me of a ted lasso goldfish pep talk. but unfortunately, we don't live in a sports dramedy.

i'd much prefer to see cushing fire them up and challenge them to be hungry and ruthless.
It's a bit unfair to judge his pep talk or his challenging based on a 10 second clip. The essence of this clip is, as you said, the goldfish talk. That talk was in Ted Lasso for a reason. It's a solid psychological paradigm and I'm all for Cushing preaching it.

It's a bit unfair to judge his pep talk or his challenging based on a 10 second clip. The essence of this clip is, as you said, the goldfish talk. That talk was in Ted Lasso for a reason. It's a solid psychological paradigm and I'm all for Cushing preaching it.

I get that. My think was it's weird for the club to pick that clip to share. As a fan, this is not the type of clip I want to see to get me hyped. Show me yelling!

Reactions: FootyLovin
It's not an all time classic locker room speech, and it's easy to pick apart locker room talks when the result doesn't follow. But I'm amused because "they score, no problem, next moment, we score" is a specific instance of urging them to be aggressive, which is what people are complaining he does not do. Attack even when disheartened, attack especially when the other team was just successful. The only thing better would be to say when they score one we score two, I guess. Now that, that's the Chicago way.

I get that. My think was it's weird for the club to pick that clip to share. As a fan, this is not the type of clip I want to see to get me hyped. Show me yelling!
I don't think all fans want to hear/see yelling. Just like all players don't want to hear yelling, or conversely there are those where yelling is motivational and what they need.

I don't think all fans want to hear/see yelling. Just like all players don't want to hear yelling, or conversely there are those where yelling is motivational and what they need.

that's a fine and fair point. i guess i am in the minority with what I want to see.