Mls CBA 2015 Thread

How many guys on average are making the minimum and occupy roster spots that count against the cap for each team?

Huge win for us, the fans. No strike. Huge loss for the players and the league keeping the cap low, that means we are still outside the top 15 leagues in the world

Reactions: Kjbert
Honestly I feel this is a loss all around. Fans benefit from a growing and more competitive league that can attract quality players and retain them. MLS is progressing forward at a snails pace. Its pretty sad. I was hoping for a solid FA agreement and much higher increases in cap and wages. The union could of stalled longer without it going to a strike. If they held till Friday they could of got so much more. From what Ive read they held the cards. We better get a 4th DP slot....

Reactions: Kubah and Kjbert
Honestly I feel this is a loss all around. Fans benefit from a growing and more competitive league that can attract quality players and retain them. MLS is progressing forward at a snails pace. Its pretty sad. I was hoping for a solid FA agreement and much higher increases in cap and wages. The union could of stalled longer without it going to a strike. If they held till Friday they could of got so much more. From what Ive read they held the cards. We better get a 4th DP slot....
Dude I get your frustration and I too wanted more freedom and more money for players but the only way for MLS to to grow into the league we all want it to be, it will have to be at a snail pace or slight faster then a snail, maybe a tortoise. The point being we can not all of a sudden think we are a big time league and start paying everyone a lot of money. The DPs will still come, the players will get paid slightly more and with some form of free agency. The next CBA is where it is at and where the players will dig in and get more of a chunk of the pie. If they waited until Friday to announce a deal, the game on Friday between LAG and CHI would have been in danger.

This was a pretty decent deal for the players in my opinion, and a good deal for the owners still. By the way as fans this is a win win for us. This season promises to be the best ever. Cant wait.

Reactions: Gene and Gavin23
How many guys on average are making the minimum and occupy roster spots that count against the cap for each team?
If that's correct then nearly 1/3 of the league is getting a raise. And then you have to factor in the likelihood that even players who are making above the minimum will also be asking for raises now that there is cap space available. Especially those guys now who are just slightly making more than 60k a year. That extra 15% is going to get eaten up quickly by the current rosters.

But Garber is apparently going to be on SportsCenter at 10 pm EST. So hopefully we can get the full details then.

Dude I get your frustration and I too wanted more freedom and more money for players but the only way for MLS to to grow into the league we all want it to be, it will have to be at a snail pace or slight faster then a snail, maybe a tortoise. The point being we can not all of a sudden think we are a big time league and start paying everyone a lot of money. The DPs will still come, the players will get paid slightly more and with some form of free agency. The next CBA is where it is at and where the players will dig in and get more of a chunk of the pie. If they waited until Friday to announce a deal, the game on Friday between LAG and CHI would have been in danger.

This was a pretty decent deal for the players in my opinion, and a good deal for the owners still. By the way as fans this is a win win for us. This season promises to be the best ever. Cant wait.

Fair. All I wanted was a Panda's pace. So much to ask for?

If that's correct then nearly 1/3 of the league is getting a raise. And then you have to factor in the likelihood that even players who are making above the minimum will also be asking for raises now that there is cap space available. Especially those guys now who are just slightly making more than 60k a year. That extra 15% is going to get eaten up quickly by the current rosters.

But Garber is apparently going to be on SportsCenter at 10 pm EST. So hopefully we can get the full details then.
Yea but also, do all of those 1/3 of players count against the cap? Remember the last 8 or 9 roster spots don't count.

The fairest settlements are the ones where neither side walks away happy. This sounds like a fair settlement. Kickoff 3/8 at 5 p.m.!

Reactions: Gazza_55 and Kjbert
I'm very disappointed in the agreement right now, honestly.

Even if they add a DP slot or two, add more allocation money, add more exemptions for homegrown players... a salary cap still under 4 million just makes your league look less than it is.

Several teams in MLS will be spending 20-30 million on salaries next year but the world will only hear that 3.56 million dollar salary cap and assume that's what your team is. What you think is saving you will really be a massive negative ad against you.

So stupid.