MLS - May 13 - Red Bulls (Away)

i think front office just kinda got caught with their pants down on replacing players. with last minute contract stuff that didn't go our way with johnson and callens, then scrambling to get santi back, it was difficult to go get additional players when we didn't know what kind of money we were working with.

by the time we did know, it was probably too late for any real prospects. i also don't think the club was expecting to loan off thiago andrade. I really feel like that was a gut reaction from cushing. otherwise, why would we send him off when we are in need of attacking threats right now?

overall i agree, we need replacement and we didn't get them for a number of reasons, most of which we just don't know and can only speculate. let's hope the summer transfer window is busy cause we need more depth as well as a solid #9, who we can only hope and pray is a hit.
I pretty much assume all the same things. Santi is one mystery I'd love to know more about - specifically what did Lee and CFG expect? I don't think signing him as a DP was their preference or expectation, but that's just a guess. Did they think he would sign back with NYCFC for GAM/TAM money? Did they expect him to return to Uruguay, or to move him elsewhere within or outside CFG?
I just sense that they didn't mean to burn the last DP spot on him and ended up constrained in an unexpected fashion when they went that direction. But that just could be me wishcasting that we were planning to get a proven DP level offensive player.

Reactions: JayH and moogoo
this is not surprising. the unrest in the locker room has been brewing for weeks now (in my opinion)... between players and i guess, now with players and coach.

so much for all that togetherness they kept preaching.
sometimes things just have a domino effect. Things could be all fine and dandy and then some unrest spreads. I saw it happen at my last job, it's like a sickness spreading.

sometimes things just have a domino effect. Things could be all fine and dandy and then some unrest spreads. I saw it happen at my last job, it's like a sickness spreading.

yea for sure. and it's on nick for not fixing it when it started. i've been saying for weeks that this team has not been playing like a team. yea it's just my perspective/opinion, but it seems i wasn't too far off.

i think front office just kinda got caught with their pants down on replacing players. with last minute contract stuff that didn't go our way with johnson and callens, then scrambling to get santi back, it was difficult to go get additional players when we didn't know what kind of money we were working with.

by the time we did know, it was probably too late for any real prospects. i also don't think the club was expecting to loan off thiago andrade. I really feel like that was a gut reaction from cushing. otherwise, why would we send him off when we are in need of attacking threats right now?

overall i agree, we need replacement and we didn't get them for a number of reasons, most of which we just don't know and can only speculate. let's hope the summer transfer window is busy cause we need more depth as well as a solid #9, who we can only hope and pray is a hit.

I definitely think this has a lot of validity. I also think, based on the salary release from MLSPA this week, we have a lot of cap space and I would assume will be looking to find players from Europe during the summer window. I would think it was hard for us to find players in the winter with the other leagues in the middle of their seasons.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think there's a player on the roster that has the fucking chops to be getting pissed off at the coach.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think there's a player on the roster that has the fucking chops to be getting pissed off at the coach.

i think the defense has every right to be upset that the attack is not doing anything. set piece defending is shit, and the defense's biggest weak spot this year. but overall our CBs and wing backs have defended well.

kinda think our weak ass set piece defending is a perfect representation of the current mentality of the team. set piece defending is like 95% desire and focus. doing everything you can to get to the ball before the opponent to clear it and not losing focus to lose track of the ball or runners. we've failed miserably because we just don't have enough of either. who's that on? the players? cushing? I think it STARTS with cushing....

But who are the guys chirping? I find it hard to believe the likes of a Chanot or a Martins would dish to some podcaster and pretty much everyone else on the roster should stfu since they've all pretty much underperformed so far.

But who are the guys chirping? I find it hard to believe the likes of a Chanot or a Martins would dish to some podcaster and pretty much everyone else on the roster should stfu since they've all pretty much underperformed so far.

I'd be surprised if a player was a direct source for that report. I would think it was a staff member who knows something and has a big mouth.

I don't see the explanation you are describing. He says they need better decision making. That doesn't tell me anything. I get that this is a powder piece and not meant to give us any real insight. But it still sounds weak. The question isn't do they need better decisions, it's how does Nick coach them to better decisions? I just don't see any progress over the past several weeks other than one anomalous good match at home.
The article was basically a summary of the postame press conference. The full clip is on the site now. He also went into more detail in an interview with Glenn Crooks, which should be coming up on the radio show.

Bottom line: in Nick's view, we're getting to where we need to be in the final third and just not getting it done on the pitch. Personally, I think it's just a function of having a very young group of forwards who haven't quite figured it out yet. Plus the lack of a true striker. But for what it's worth, there it is.

Inteview with Crooks and Cushing coming up on the radio show. Should be about 10 minutes long, so I'm sure we'll get a bit more clarity there (I've already heard portions of it, should be worth a listen).