MLS - May 14 - Columbus (Home)

Objectively I think Brody (RSL) had the best strike but I think Almada wins due to Atlanta’s fans. With Roldán just on his heals. Taty will be dead last by a lot

Gluten free and kosher closed. 50% of concessions closed including all of the “creative” stuff like Lobell’s

The gameday experience is such hot dog shit these days. Food is worse than getting nachos at a movie theatre circa 1996.

Post Press conference with Rony? Anyone?
Yes. I'm asking again. I'm 103 and trying to use the intertubes and can't find my Rony Show.

Reactions: Joe_Cos
Post Press conference with Rony? Anyone?
Yes. I'm asking again. I'm 103 and trying to use the intertubes and can't find my Rony Show.

They do post the previews and post game conferences still, but they don't do it with any urgency like they have in the past. they pop up days to a week later. you can find them on the club site under VIDEOS > INTERVIEWS

Wow, tough one. But I have to go with Taty. It's not just about talent or potential (both of which Talles Magno has in excess). It's about attitude, work rate, a lot of other things. We're just a much better side when he's on the pitch.

Maybe it would be different with a different supporting cast. But if I had to make the decision at the end of this season, assuming all things going forward remain equal, it would be him.
So at the moment, I’m thinking I’d go with Talles.
Even seeing what happened against SKC. Talles’s dribbling is superior, he’s willing to shoot with his left, looking pretty good on aerials, showing good discipline…
I am really impressed with his maturity on the pitch. I’d roll the dice with Talles with the belief that in 4 years he’ll be all around better at 23. (Taty’s age now) Should be fun watching that prediction develop over the next half decade. We are lucky to have them both on the squad.
Santi and Pereira pretty nice to have as well.
Shout out to Thiago Andrade.

Last edited:

It was certainly a mistake by the CBs but I think the clip makes it look worse because it doesn't show how quickly Columbu lost possession. If I remember correctly the Columbus player lost the ball almost immediately after the restart based on a bad pass and dribbling into two players. I think the CBs could be absolved of a bit of the blame given that:

1. It was hard to anticipate Columbus would lose the ball so easily there.
2. ~90% of the players in the league can't play that ball as perfectly as Maxi does and in a lot of instances it's either played behind the striker allowing the CBs to catch up or too far in front and the keeper gets it.

Only partially related but I am always happy to see Josh Williams, given his health issues around the time that he left us I wasn't sure he would be in the league much longer. Nice to see that things turned around for him and he's had a nice career in the MLS.

Last edited:
It was certainly a mistake by the CBs but I think the clip makes it look worse because it doesn't show how quickly Columbu lost possession. If I remember correctly the Columbus player lost the ball almost immediately after the restart based on a bad pass and dribbling into two players. I think the CBs could be absolved of a bit of the blame given that:

1. It was hard to anticipate Columbus would lose the ball so easily there.
2. ~90% of the players in the league can't play that ball as perfectly as Maxi does and in a lot of instances it's either played behind the striker allowing the CBs to catch up or two far in front and the keeper gets it.

Only partially related but I am always happy to see Josh Williams, given his health issues around the time that he left us I wasn't sure he would be in the league much longer. Nice to see that things turned around for him and he's had a nice career in the MLS.

yea this play was a result of columbus winning a free kick in a good position. the CBs automatically thinking "ok time for us to get up there for the set piece" and columbus players instead playing quickly and also quickly losing the ball. The CBs just didn't recover fast enough and that is their fault. As soon as they saw the free kick taken quickly, they should have immediately gotten back but they kind of lingered, which is on them. They don't actually start to recover until maxi made the pass.

Reactions: Gotham Gator
So at the moment, I’m thinking I’d go with Talles.
Even seeing what happened against SKC. Talles’s dribbling is superior, he’s willing to shoot with his left, looking pretty good on aerials, showing good discipline…
I am really impressed with his maturity on the pitch. I’d roll the dice with Talles with the belief that in 4 years he’ll be all around better at 23. (Taty’s age now) Should be fun watching that prediction develop over the next half decade. We are lucky to have them both on the squad.
Santi and Pereira pretty nice to have as well.
Shout out to Thiago Andrade.
Totally understandable. I guess it's just my generally conservative nature: we know what Taty can do and what we can do with him, while Talles Magno is still a big bag of potential.

You really can't go wrong either way, I think. We'll get another look at Life After Taty today and see how we've come along. So far, we just haven't been anywhere near as good without him, which is the main reason I went his way.

Reactions: VernonJohn