Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
Minnesota United FC vs. New York City FC
Saturday, May 28 8 PM ET
Allianz Field
YES Network

Anyone going to this match? I have a refundable flight and hotel booked (and of course a match ticket). But temperatures in Minneapolis this weekend have me thinking otherwise.

Anyone going to this match? I have a refundable flight and hotel booked (and of course a match ticket). But temperatures in Minneapolis this weekend have me thinking otherwise.

After the weather we have had for home games this year, I can't imagine it will be any more daunting.

• Haha
Reactions: JCMore
What did you decide? It looks like a wam if cloudy day in the Twin Cities today, after a morning shower passes. Warmer and less rainy than NYC.

these jerseys confuse me.. but parks is there to remind me what i'm lookin at..

FT4oXHkWAAAfp2d

I was afraid we'd be worn out after the long game at Belson, but the guys took care of business. Sean Johnson, Callens and Santi were the ones I thought stood out. I would have liked to see more out of Thiago Andrade.

Thiago Martins has gotten his feet under him. We're not on six straight shutouts without him.

Great way to go into the international break.

I was afraid we'd be worn out after the long game at Belson, but the guys took care of business. Sean Johnson, Callens and Santi were the ones I thought stood out. I would have liked to see more out of Thiago Andrade.

Thiago Martins has gotten his feet under him. We're not on six straight shutouts without him.

Great way to go into the international break.
I was thinking the same thing all match -- Martins is a different dude. I can see now why he was worth a DP.

I was thinking the same thing all match -- Martins is a different dude. I can see now why he was worth a DP.

still don't think he is DP quality CB. but he's definitely better now than the first handful of matches.

there was a play where he couldn't find a pass. so he just chips it out of bounds.. lol. i think i want more from a DP center back.

Reactions: KevinJRogers
still don't think he is DP quality CB. but he's definitely better now than the first handful of matches.

there was a play where he couldn't find a pass. so he just chips it out of bounds.. lol. i think i want more from a DP center back.
Reasonable enough, although I'm more inclined to look at his general play rather than a particular sequence. He's clearly gone from being rather clueless to highly effective. His goalkeeper loves playing behind him. And I don't think anyone can argue about his pace; he's saved us a few times over this run.

Edit: Now that I've had a few minutes to think about it (the chaos around here is rapidly subsiding -- long story -- and it's meant getting distracted a lot) I'd argue Martins is very, very close to justifying the DP. At the very least we can see the outlines of what's to come. The timing is the only issue.

Personally, when I look at his learning curve I think we're very close to getting there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Schwallacus
Very professional effort tonight. A few missed passes, some missed tackles, definitely a few missed key chances (Thiago), but a win is a win. And the DUDE Wipes streak free clean sheet streak is still ongoing.

There were about 25 of us at that match. And it was so fun singing Wonderwall at the end.

8 unbeaten in MLS play.
11 unbeaten in all competitions.
6 straight clean sheets.

What I really like about the clean sheet streak is how we’ve done it - all sorts of ways. For several games, we had a streak of not even allowing a shot on goal. That’s a credit to the midfield and defenders. More recently, our goalkeeper has been making great saves to keep the other team scoreless.