MLS - May 31 - San Jose (Home - YS)

My daughter (and her boyfriend :rolleyes: ) are driving down from upstate for the weekend and will join at the game tonight. I've never gone by car, does anyone have any tips/best practices for parking?

If you're heading north on the Deegan -- I usually park at the Ruppert Plaza garage, exiting in the basement gets you as close to the Deegan North as you can and is usually a pretty quick exit. Parking is exhorbitantly expensive, but at least you can get out quickly from that garage.

If you're looking to save on parking, finding street parking or a non-stadium lot is usually the best bet. It's $47 at the official lots.

Reactions: JayH and Kenny
My daughter (and her boyfriend :rolleyes: ) are driving down from upstate for the weekend and will join at the game tonight. I've never gone by car, does anyone have any tips/best practices for parking?

Bronx Terminal Market - book on Parkwhiz and it's $20. Pretty reasonable - exit through the lowest level and it's almost direct access to the Deegan.

Really good question. Talles Magno hasn't been showcased, either. We may be in store for a little drama.

David Lee destroyed Magno's value by waiting a season and a half to replace Taty. Playing next to Taty Magno was thriving and being talked about as one of the most talented young players in the league. As soon as Taty left Magno's production fell off a cliff and the Magno at striker experiment tanked it even further.

Haak to the bench for a better CM makes sense although I think you could argue that the bench from the Revs game was a bit light on defenders and midfielders. I think Cushing is already tilting the bench to more attacking players than normal in an attempt to keep guys happy. You are never going to sub in Martinez, Jones, Mijatovic, Fernandez, and Magno. If a midfielder goes down early he can put on Haak and then he's out of options for defensive subs. If Otoole goes down who knows what the plan is for that game or any of the subsequent games?

The fact that it's even an issue is a testament to our depth but Cushing has his hands full trying to balance things. At this point Jones has made Magno obsolete, it makes you wonder if Magno will get moved this summer.
Oh very interesting! Great thought experiment. I assumed all the extra attacking subs is because they have different qualities that they can bring to the game. The quality that Haak brings is that he’s… tall. Joking aside, he’s also a decent CB depth in a 3 atb. So I see his inclusion but at the same time see that Sands and Parks make him obsolete in that they can both do what Haak can do but better. Perea too.

Reactions: gbservis
David Lee destroyed Magno's value by waiting a season and a half to replace Taty. Playing next to Taty Magno was thriving and being talked about as one of the most talented young players in the league. As soon as Taty left Magno's production fell off a cliff and the Magno at striker experiment tanked it even further.
I'm not entirely sure how much blame we can assign to David Lee for the way things went. Taty wanted a move, was promised a move, so it had to happen.

I suppose one could say we should have been able to find a striker sooner -- or have one waiting in the wings, given the lead time -- but I'd argue we'd be talking in a low-information environment. As I've said before, three conditions had to be met when signing a new nine:

• They had to be available;
  • They had to be affordable; and,
  • They had to want to come to MLS

So, the available pool and the relevant pool are not the same thing. We have no idea what the relevant pool was. (Lee does.) All we know is, it took at least three windows to fill out the roster. I don't think we can assume poor judgment or incompetence based solely on that.

As far as the striker experiment goes, it certainly seems like a horrible idea in retrospect, but only because it didn't work out. At the time it didn't present as the worst idea ever, although to be honest, I always had doubts about it myself. I also had my hopes. But alas ...

We also don't know what Cushing and Lee have cooking in the pot. They could have a surprise in store for all of us. Or not.

Alright, time for me to get ready for the Joe Jackson show tonight. First set is solo, second is a nine-piece band. This should be good.

And don't worry: I have both the MLS and NYCFC apps on my phone. I'll be sneaking a look and with you in spirit. Let's GO.

Pigeon Ecards GIF by sheepfilms

I second this Bronx terminal market thing. As long as you go out the correct direction you end up RIGHT on the highway entrances!
Bronx Terminal Market - book on Parkwhiz and it's $20. Pretty reasonable - exit through the lowest level and it's almost direct access to the Deegan.

Bronx Terminal Market. 30 bucks and easy in/out

We bury the quakes and MLS website can't be bothered to even acknowledge we played other than the score at the top.

Shameful.

not convinced jovan can give us much? but i'm willing to give him more time, more games, more minutes. he sure didn't do much to impress in today's start.

thought parks was having an off game too. good on cushing to sub him out for more energy with perea.

We’re good and we’re fun to watch again after the abysmal start . Still can’t help but thinking how good we would be if we had a legit top tier mls striker .

Reactions: Gene and CCMore
I still want to see us against top teams in the league. These matches have been fun but not a great barometer of being a contender.

Where does that stand for fastest hat tricks in the league history from first goal to third?