MLS - May 31 - San Jose (Home - YS)

Holy smokes. Toward the end of the show my phone starting going off like crazy (on silent, of course). I checked the app in the elevator. Martinez hat trick after 85'?

What. The. Heck. Happened.
San Jose subbed off a defender for an attacker. It opened up their midfield and defense and we cut through them like cheese with a hot knife. That hot knife’s name is Maxi Moralez. They also had some terrible passing errors.

How was this goal not offside?

kSxwJyH.png

gray kept him onsides. that photo is a bad angle. they showed a much better angle in the game for the replay.

1717209922846.png

Last edited:
We’re good and we’re fun to watch again after the abysmal start . Still can’t help but thinking how good we would be if we had a legit top tier mls striker .
This. As I said in the chat, if Maxi can start some matches maybe he can jumpstart Jovan. And now that I think about it let's toss Bakrar and Magno into the mix as well.

Reactions: Davo15 and moogoo
This. As I said in the chat, if Maxi can start some matches maybe he can jumpstart Jovan. And now that I think about it let's toss Bakrar and Magno into the mix as well.

i'm ok with maxi starting if santi needs a rest or if we can get him and santi on the field together. otherwise, i see no reason to drop santi and doing so would be a poor decision imo.

gray kept him onsides. that photo is a bad angle. they showed a much better angle in the game for the replay.

View attachment 13366

I think Gray saw Risa out of position and sprinted back to try to cover for him. Tough break for Gray as I thought he was exceptional all game, he switched sides and didn't seem to miss a beat.

Just watched the highlights. That's a heck of a Friday night in the Boogie Down. We're closing in on full strength.

Going in, the Quakes were shaky, but dangerous. (Did you miss my puns?) It looks like we just wore them down and then ran them off the pitch. There are a lot of teams we can do that to now. Just think what we can be in the second half. And look out in the autumn.

I know I've said it many times before, but I absolutely believe it: come the final third of the season, no one is going to want to play us.

The team scores 24 goals per game with Maxi on the pitch.

Hard not to give Martinez the game ball, but my MOTM was Gray. He shifted to cover LB after starting at RB and played excellent 1 on 1 defense all night. I have been hard on him in the past (see, 2023), but he has come into his own the past few games and would be a candidate for most improved during the recent stretch but for Wolf.

The team scores 24 goals per game with Maxi on the pitch.

Hard not to give Martinez the game ball, but my MOTM was Gray. He shifted to cover LB after starting at RB and played excellent 1 on 1 defense all night. I have been hard on him in the past (see, 2023), but he has come into his own the past few games and would be a candidate for most improved during the recent stretch but for Wolf.
24 goals per game is nothing to sneeze at

• Haha
Reactions: CCMore and moogoo