Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
CF Montreal vs. New York City FC
Saturday, October 19 6:00 PM ET
Stade Saputo
Apple TV (MLS Season Pass)

Other than Jones no one is on the injured list, so it's all hands on deck tonight.

It will be interesting to see what Nick's preferred starting XI is. My bet is:

Attack: Santi, Maxi, Martinez, Wolf
Midfield: Parks, Sands
Backline: OT, Risa, Martins, Gray

Reactions: Gene and moogoo
The match is at 6pm. The match is at 6pm. The match is at 6pm.

Just drilling it in my brain so I don't turn it on at 730 like last match.
I only caught it 10 minutes ago because I barely caught the Mets start time yesterday and I realized I needed to be vigilant today.

I had a feeling we would lose this game. Montréal had more on the line than we did. We were sloppy and defended really poorly the few times that the Impact attacked us.

I don't see us getting past Cincinnati.

i give credit to the boys for not giving up and putting in effort until the end. but i wish that effort were channeled in smarter ways.

i'm sure the team is well aware that they have trouble breaking down a low block. it's frustrating to see that we have not changed how we play to address this weakness. yeah, we don't have the 1v1 threats on the wings like we used to and who are good at helping to break down low blocks. but there are other ways too.

We can start hitting long distance shots when they don't step out to challenge. Hit enough and they will start coming out of their block to challenge and that's when we have to be aware and send runners into the space. then it's a matter of quick and decisive passing. i think this team should be capable of that. but all we do is swing it left to right and maybe send in a hopeful cross.

tonight, the few times martins would dribble toward the block, it caused some confusion. i'm not sure why someone didn't do that more often to get them moving and defenders having to make decisions.

anyway - i still choose to believe this team has a chance at the cup. they just need to put together 5 wins. if we bomb out then let's hope this off season we can make the roster changes necessary to add quality depth where we need it... (basically everywhere).

Reactions: Sabo
Based on the lineup and the lack of chatter it sure feels like going to the Sturgill Simpson show was the right decision.