Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
D.C. United vs. New York City FC
Saturday, October 7 7:30 PM ET
Audi Field
Apple TV (MLS Season Pass)

Does anyone know if they're stringent about away section seating at Audi? I have a bunch of people who want to go but the $45 they're charging us for away tickets is hilarious, and there's much cheaper resale tickets available in other sections, so if they don't check I'd rather just buy random seats to get into the stadium. Thanks!

REF: Fotis Bazakos
AR1: Adam Garner
AR2: Felisha Mariscal
4TH: Marcos DeOliveira
VAR: Younes Marrakchi
AVAR: Rene Parra

I’m not gonna lie about a month ago a gave up hope of the playoffs. Then two weeks ago I thought, I think we are gonna make it. Now I’m back to we’re not gonna make it. And it’s been too much of a roller coaster man. As Mae says, “it’s the hope that kills.”

I’m not gonna lie about a month ago a gave up hope of the playoffs. Then two weeks ago I thought, I think we are gonna make it. Now I’m back to we’re not gonna make it. And it’s been too much of a roller coaster man. As Mae says, “it’s the hope that kills.”
Yup, I think a disappointing draw followed by a win on decision day keeps NYCFC just out by 1-2 points…the same amount they have dropped again, and again, and again this season. Sums up the season.

• Sad
Reactions: KevinJRogers
Nice to find a site with other suffering fans. Misery loves company and all that. I am cautiously optimistic, but wouldn’t be surprised if they again dominate the game but end up with a draw or even loss.

I had sort of given up on the season weeks ago when I thought they were looking to build the team and got some and then sold Pereira, who I thought was their best player. When a team is looking to BUILD you KEEP your good players. To me that said team managent is not serious about turning the season around.

But hey I hope they prove me wrong

Dog shit performance by the entire team and the manager. We've had a playoff push set up for us and just blown it because we can't perform on the road. Cushing doesn't have enough managerial strength to be effective, and it's time for him to go. We need a striker who can put the ball in the net.

NYCFC winning on decision day and then missing the playoffs because of other results would be the perfect way to end this trainwreck of a season and give Nick the excuse “we would have been in but were unlucky because other results didn’t go our way”. It’s happening for sure.

The silence in this thread is deafening.

What an awful way to essentially end the season.

NYCFC winning on decision day and then missing the playoffs because of other results would be the perfect way to end this trainwreck of a season and give Nick the excuse “we would have been in but were unlucky because other results didn’t go our way”. It’s happening for sure.

They were unlucky this season. 8-11-14 with only a -5 goal differential. All the games that featured near-misses, weird officiating, etc.

That said, this season was not good enough and changes need to be made. Both with the player group and the leadership group. If they miss the playoffs (which now seems exceedingly likely), Cushing should not return.

The silence in this thread is deafening.

What an awful way to essentially end the season.

I’m staring into the void realizing that not only was this season a complete wash, we’re getting Cushing back next year even after this disaster.

I’m staring into the void realizing that not only was this season a complete wash, we’re getting Cushing back next year even after this disaster.
The wrong coach ended the night without a job.

Reactions: canchon
No point in firing him before the last game of the season. This season is not Cushing's fault, but he is likely to take the fall if they miss the playoffs, which now seems likely.

not entirely his fault. but he is definitely a large contributor to this season's failures.

i know you are of the opinion that the roster was simply not good enough. I disagree. Even before getting bakrar, fernandez, and risa (not counting martinez cause he didn't play much), the roster was more than capable of comfortably making the playoffs. The fact that we have struggled to and are essentially eliminated when 9th place (9TH!!) makes the playoffs goes beyond bad luck.

That's coaching. That being said, I'm also of the opinion that Cushing keeps his job and gets a full preseason with the recent and new signings.

Last edited: