MLS - October 9 - Atlanta (Away)

It’s gaaaaaame day bitchezzzzz!
And apparently, it’s the day after Dan’s wedding? Whaaaa??? Congrats!!
Close friends wedding. I’m not the marrying type.
Always Sunny Eat Your Feelings GIF by HULU

interesting line up. seems like maxi and parks will take turns joining the attack.

no josef in the starting XI... very interesting.

Reactions: Kjbert
Got a little sketchy late, but we have to feel really good about the first 60 minutes. When our squad is intact and we can start our best XI we're a dangerous side. If it was just Atlanta maybe I wouldn't be so confident, but we actually started playing well again before we started winning again.

The first half looked like our best half in many many months, especially with how fluid the midfield looked with Acevedo, Maxi and Keaton almost never flunking a pass, moving the ball quickly and comfortably. Either Parks is the best midfielder in North America or ATL was putting them under so little pressure that it was a walk in the park for anyne. It is difficult to say.

Either Parks is the best midfielder in North America or ATL was putting them under so little pressure that it was a walk in the park for anyne. It is difficult to say.
I'll take the former (well, he's one of the best, and certainly the most underrated).

Two things I've noticed about his game: First, he seems to almost always know where he's going with the ball before he gets it. It may look a little ticky tack, but it's only because he gets rid of it so quickly.

Second, he just knows where to position himself. He has his head on a swivel -- a quality all the really good ones have -- and he either finds space to advance the ball or occupies space to deflect attacks when defending and force them to veer off.

Real textbook stuff. Which is why we look so much better when he's out there fit and in form, I think. We just seem to have a lot more structure and purpose when he plays.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Watched on delay. First half was fire. Gaby, Maxi, O'Toole, Keaton, Tinner just knocking it around with Authority. That touch form Talles to set up Gaby was exquisite. At the other end, Chanot has been a beats the last few matches, and tis always good when Martins' name is seldom mentioned.. he's just back there keeping things solid. And SJ made the big ones when he had to. And nice to see Heber score.

Not so good: Tinner just gave up on Gutman on the goal. That really pissed me off, taking SJ's shutout away. Thiago A and Cacha give the ball away in dangerous places all the time (though to be fair Maxi had the worst giveaways in the match and Cacha had some greta tackles/recoveries.). If Thiago A can develop a football brain, he will be a star. Thats a big if, though.

Finally: Fuck Turf. You play on plastic, you have no business criticizing YS.

And very sad to be saying goodbye to Joe and Ian. But not sad to finally be able to cut the cord on my cable. City on Yes was the final thread in that cord.

ETA: my crooked star blank home authentic is still undefeated at 4-0.

And very sad to be saying goodbye to Joe and Ian. But not sad to finally be able to cut the cord on my cable. City on Yes was the final thread in that cord.
Likewise. I'm making the call tomorrow. Can't wait for the AppleTV+ deal to kick in, to be honest.

I do hope the league and Apple do the right thing by the local broadcast teams, though. It's only right and just, as we say. Plus it would be good for the game.