MLS Officiating: it's shit-tastic!

I think SKC just missed out on CCL and a first round bye, they gotta be pissed
Oh true, they would have been into ccl. I forgot about that.

The problems with the reffing become more apparent when there are huge monitary stakes on the line. Then again, if you watched CL last week it was almost as egregious in some of the games so I guess what can you do.

Soccer should introduce challenging plays like football. You get one play challenge and the ref has to go check the play in question on video. Might ruin the flow a bit but... Might help with some of these problems.

Credit to PRO for stepping up and making that announcement. This is never going to be perfect, but it needs to be better. That's going to take a while.

I am happy to say, however, that help is on the way as the left most person in my avatar just got his officiating license.
Oh boy! That's very exciting stuff! Hoping for the future :) I hope he also knows what he's getting into with officiating lol

Reactions: Gotham Gator
Oh boy! That's very exciting stuff! Hoping for the future :) I hope he also knows what he's getting into with officiating lol
A couple years back, I interviewed a kid in his 20s for a job at my firm. We discussed how he had been a referee starting in his teens through college. He described an incident when he was still in high school when he reffed an adult game, and things got heated - he actually had to give one grown up a red card. From these and other things we discussed it was clear that reffing helped him learn how to handle and manage people in difficult situations. Hoping it does the same for my guy.

Plus, he should make good $$$!

A couple years back, I interviewed a kid in his 20s for a job at my firm. We discussed how he had been a referee starting in his teens through college. He described an incident when he was still in high school when he reffed an adult game, and things got heated - he actually had to give one grown up a red card. From these and other things we discussed it was clear that reffing helped him learn how to handle and manage people in difficult situations. Hoping it does the same for my guy.

Plus, he should make good $$$!

just dont let him ref NISA league games. There were reports the league didnt pay the refs their fees to ref their games.

At least it will continually be the same idiots, so we can get a better idea of their idiocy and understand how calls may be made based on their previous idiotic precedence. Not the chaotic idiocy we've had by having a different VAR/ref each game.

i think you are greatly underestimating the ability of a PRO ref to inconsistently be inconsistent and idiotic.

Reactions: Schwallacus
is this supposed to improve VAR? still gonna be run by idiots.

The problem is that the league has improved at a faster rate than the officiating. The game is too fast for them now. Until we get better refs here, there will be problems.

Reactions: Vallos