MLS Officiating: it's shit-tastic!

The problem is that the league has improved at a faster rate than the officiating. The game is too fast for them now. Until we get better refs here, there will be problems.
I think you're thinking too much into it.

Refs suck everywhere and everyone complains about them no matter the sport or the league. We can get the all the best refs from around the world to come here and we will all still complain about them.

I see it all the time on twitter, fans from other sports, leagues, etc. constantly saying that refereeing is one of the biggest issue with that sport/league.

I think you're thinking too much into it.

Refs suck everywhere and everyone complains about them no matter the sport or the league. We can get the all the best refs from around the world to come here and we will all still complain about them.

I see it all the time on twitter, fans from other sports, leagues, etc. constantly saying that refereeing is one of the biggest issue with that sport/league.
The incredible irony of What happened in the NYCFC/TFC game is that the referee made the correct decision on the pitch and the use of VAR resulted in the wrong decision. Nothing About the speed of the game or refs not being up to the level of play, just straight up stupidity. Seems like a bookmakers dream having VAR.

Reactions: Shwafta
we seem to get screwed with VAR vs TFC a lot... must be those canadian refs :p

imho, would have been very harsh to disallow the goal based on that reason. he took the kick from farther back than the place of the foul. yea, it's a few yards infield but i don't think it would have made any difference except for the surprise factor. in this case, punish the team who fell asleep. that's how I feel anyway :)

imho, would have been very harsh to disallow the goal based on that reason. he took the kick from farther back than the place of the foul. yea, it's a few yards infield but i don't think it would have made any difference except for the surprise factor. in this case, punish the team who fell asleep. that's how I feel anyway :)

Yeah I kind of agree. I don't think they got any benefit from this other than their opponent was sleeping. Which, OK. That happens sometimes.

MLS ref Tori Penso selected to officiate Women's World Cup Final.

She also worked the England Australia semifinal, and it has been claimed the last time a ref worked a semifinal and final in a World Cup was 1934.
The folks who make these assignments are signaling that Penso is among the very very best officials working today anywhere in the world.

I'm so happy to have PRO referees again calling our matches after the shitshow that was the Leagues Cup

• Haha
Reactions: Shwafta