MLS Week 2 - 2017

Minnesota is so poor it's unbelievable.
Atlanta is pretty good, especially for an expansion team. But, Minnesota are making them look a lot better than they are.

Reactions: Victors87
10 goals allowed in 2 games so far. How long before Heath gets fired by his second expansion team?

Reactions: Victors87
Minnesota is so poor it's unbelievable.
Atlanta is pretty good, especially for an expansion team. But, Minnesota are making them look a lot better than they are.
10 goals allowed in 2 games so far. How long before Heath gets fired by his second expansion team?
Does Minnesota have a keeper on the field? Five goals off six shots on goal? That's worse than Saunders last year. We were as dominant today with 4 off of 5, but Hamid is a quality keeper and our goals were exquisite.

When you realize NYC plays Minnesota at home on your birthday...
200.gif

Does Minnesota have a keeper on the field? Five goals off six shots on goal? That's worse than Saunders last year. We were as dominant today with 4 off of 5, but Hamid is a quality keeper and our goals were exquisite.

They have a GK, just no defense at all.

Minnesota should throw Chinese-level $$ at min two DP's (But go for all three) and get them in before the window closes. They may not win a single game this year with the roster they have.

Minnesota should throw Chinese-level $$ at min two DP's (But go for all three) and get them in before the window closes. They may not win a single game this year with the roster they have.

The reason they have the roster they have is that their owner is very cheap. If they throw any money at DP's you'd be lucky if they were paid $1-2mm. Their roster is garbage and it looks like they're never going to be in the top half of league spending. I'm still somewhat confused as to why they were let in. The current owner does not seem like the kind of person MLS wants to target.

Also I think their front office might have drunk a little too much of the NASL is as good as MLS cool aid.

The reason they have the roster they have is that their owner is very cheap. If they throw any money at DP's you'd be lucky if they were paid $1-2mm. Their roster is garbage and it looks like they're never going to be in the top half of league spending. I'm still somewhat confused as to why they were let in. The current owner does not seem like the kind of person MLS wants to target.

Also I think their front office might have drunk a little too much of the NASL is as good as MLS cool aid.
Yeah, it's all strange, especially considering there was a rival Minnesota bid out there, so if MLS wanted that area badly enough, there was another option (with likely bigger pockets). And yet there's also about a half dozen other cities that I'd rate (like that means anything) as better candidates than this one. Just looking at the NASL teams, TB has a more proactive (purse strings) owner than MinnU ever had.

Reactions: adam
Yeah, it's all strange, especially considering there was a rival Minnesota bid out there, so if MLS wanted that area badly enough, there was another option (with likely bigger pockets). And yet there's also about a half dozen other cities that I'd rate (like that means anything) as better candidates than this one. Just looking at the NASL teams, TB has a more proactive (purse strings) owner than MinnU ever had.

To be honest, where is the gurantee that Vikings group wasn't going to Robert Kraft the MLS team?