MLS Week 26 - 2019

not to mention we need to survive our roster getting decimated by international call ups and injury...

Heber is most likely out til the last game in philly (which will be a good one). DOme said Isi is almost ready to play. so maybe a cameo vs TFC will be his first taste of game time after injury.

chances of LAFC imploding to the level needed to give us a chance at supporters shield, even without vela, is pretty slim. plus we still have to battle it out with both philly and atl. would love a first trophy... but i'm not holding my breath.

Where did you hear they Heber is out 5 weeks?

Where did you hear they Heber is out 5 weeks?

Dome said a month. i'm assuming that's just to get back into game shape. maybe he'll be back for NE but for a first game back, might just be a cameo with a full start vs. philly.

of course, there hasn't been anything official yet. so we'll see! hopefully it's only 2 weeks.

Keep hope alive, and all that, but: NYC's max points is 71, LAFC gets to that with 3 wins in their last 6 (they've won 70% of their games to date). Then they win the tiebreaker with 22 wins to NYC's 21. And, that entire scenario requires that NYC finish the season on an 11 game win streak. NYC needs a substantial and almost inexplicable collapse by LAFC to win the shield. Unless Vela is hurt far worse than we think, it's hard to imagine.
Oh, I said I'm not expecting it at all. Just saying that it _could_ be possible. They picked up, for the first time this season, only 1 point in two games. They probably will go on and continue winning like they were... but what if they don't? Like I said, I'm not expecting it but it still is in the realm of possibility.