Most Worrying NYCFC-related Headline I've Seen All Year

this will happen sooner or later....but i dont think there is anyone worth poaching right now for Man city....harrison only has a few games under his belt.....maybe at end of season if he continues to have good performances

And if he does continue to shine, could MC be "forced" into snatching him to avoid a Miazga situation?

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/69/t.../mooy-moves-from-melbourne-to-manchester-city

In a nutshell, CFG is moving a very talented Australian MF, Aaron Mooy, from Melbourne City to Man City. And it seems like they're planning to loan him out.

When they came for Mooy, I didn't say anything because Mooy is not on my team.

When they came for Harrison, nobody was left to say anything...

OK, but he could wish also to become the idol of the fans of the soccer club ( the most popular sport in the world ) of the most important city in the world. I know that it is unlikely, but............

Perhaps Facey isn't here because PV didn't want him? PV coached him and knows his strengths/weaknesses and perhaps after seeing his play last year, he decided Facey wasn't the guy to help the team he was taking the reigns of??? Self preservation at work?
I was one that was not impressed with Facey. The countless times he lost someone in transition that led to a goal was frustrating.

If Jack continues to play the way he has or better with growth teams from higher leagues are going to come calling. His departure will be inevitable be it to MCFC or some other big team. This is the reality of cheering for a team in a lower level league. Our relationship with MCFC might make it more likely he ends up there but it doesn't change the fact that if he out grows the league he will leave. The same would happen on any MLS team.

$5M minimum. That's what Miazga got.

Reactions: ktdNYCFC
is that what happened? did RB salzburg buy him? and then sold to chelsea
I'm probably forgetting something or screwing up a detail, but I believe Miazga went on an audition for their East German team, didn't get rave reviews so never transferred to the big leagues/mothership, and he then decided to go rogue and signed with Chelsea.

And I'm fully ready to be told I'm totally off-base, because frankly I was never paying close attention, and this is what I think I remember.

People here are acting like Manchester City poached Aaron Mooy against the better wishes of Melbourne City. The facts of the matter are that Mooy had been tapped up by a number of European clubs, and had informed his club that he had no intention of returning for the final year of his contract and would kindly like them to accept an offer for him because he saw his future back in Europe. The only way this would be comparable to them signing Harrison is if Harrison had first submitted a transfer request.

That said, I'm not sure what CFG's game is with this one since I can't see him ever going on to play in Manchester. It sounds like he'll be loaned out to a partner club, perhaps in Belgium or the Netherlands before being moved on elsewhere in a year or two. My best guess is just that they see his price inflating far higher given a year in the European shop window, and reckon this is the best way of making money back on their investment.

RELAX PEOPLE!!! There's nothing to Worry About!! My Andrea's on his Fancy Ass Manhattan Town House Terrace living the American Dream BBQing for his Family according to his Facebook!! And i think FootyLovin may stay with us!! So Life Is Good !! and to my haters with the 4th just around the corner i'd love to shove a firework up your ass and watch it explode!! I also like to give a special shout out to JCMore and Goodfella !! Bat Shit Crazy Straight Jacket Proud!

More interesting to me than the unfounded "Whaaaa :cry: MCFC is going to steal our players" drama is the the question of how the league owning our players would affect any transfers. Imagine Harrison becomes the world class player we all think he's capable of being. After 3 years with NYCFC, MCFC is willing to pay $4 mil for Harrison yet all MCFC fans worst nightmare happens and Man U says we will give you $6 mil for him. Does MLS, technically the holder of Harrison's contract defer to CFG an MLS owner and turn down the extra $2 mil or go after the money? If they ever would consider taking the higher pay out how big would the gap have to be? 5mil vs 5.2mil?

Depending on which way they go what's the fall out? If they go for the lower money do the other owners in MLS who all share some of that transfer money freak out? Do the non MCFC fans of the team freak out because it cost us GAM? What happens if they go the other way and take the money? Do the MFCF fans of NYCFC and all MCFC fans across the world loose it because they assumed they are entitled to first dibs on a player as a result of the affiliation? Many of which especially the non-US based MCFC fans probably don't even realize that CFG technically doesn't hold Harrison's contract. That's a much more interesting what if to me.

For the record I'm an NYCFC fan first, Arsenal Fan when it comes to the PL, and natural at this point on CFG. I just like interesting hypotheticals more than preemptive whining ones.

Last edited:
More interesting to me than the unfounded "Whaaaa :cry: MCFC is going to steal our players" drama is the the question of how the league owning our players would affect any transfers. Imagine Harrison becomes the world class player we all think he's capable of being. After 3 years with NYCFC, MCFC is willing to pay $4 mil for Harrison yet all MCFC fans worst nightmare happens and Man U says we will give you $6 mil for him. Does MLS, technically the holder of Harrison's contract defer CFG an MLS owner and turn down the extra $2 mil or go after the money? If they ever would consider taking the higher pay out how big would the gap have to be? 5mil vs 5.2mil?

Depending on which way they go what's the fall out. If they go for the lower money do the other owners in MLS who all share some of that transfer money freak out? Do the non MCFC fans of the team freak out because it cost us GAM? What happens if they go the other way and take the money? Do the MFCF fans of NYCFC and all MCFC fans across the world loose it because they assumed they are entitled to first dibs on a player as a result of the affiliation? Many of which especially the non-US based MCFC fans probably don't even realize that CFG technically doesn't hold Harrison's contract. That's a much more interesting what if to me.

For the record I'm an NYCFC fan first, Arsenal Fan when it comes to the PL, and natural at this point on CFG. I just like interesting hypotheticals more than preemptive whining ones.
I'm only a sample of one but as a Man City fan to me Harrison is an NYCFC player. Period. Facey or Angelino were Man City players who we borrowed, but Harrison is ours. Not sure how someone from Manchester would feel but from my New Yorker perspective he's never had anything to do with Man City.

Just one fan's opinion, and I have no knowledge of how the CFG board might feel about it.

Reactions: Ulrich and gbservis
More interesting to me than the unfounded "Whaaaa :cry: MCFC is going to steal our players" drama is the the question of how the league owning our players would affect any transfers. Imagine Harrison becomes the world class player we all think he's capable of being. After 3 years with NYCFC, MCFC is willing to pay $4 mil for Harrison yet all MCFC fans worst nightmare happens and Man U says we will give you $6 mil for him. Does MLS, technically the holder of Harrison's contract defer to CFG an MLS owner and turn down the extra $2 mil or go after the money? If they ever would consider taking the higher pay out how big would the gap have to be? 5mil vs 5.2mil?

Depending on which way they go what's the fall out? If they go for the lower money do the other owners in MLS who all share some of that transfer money freak out? Do the non MCFC fans of the team freak out because it cost us GAM? What happens if they go the other way and take the money? Do the MFCF fans of NYCFC and all MCFC fans across the world loose it because they assumed they are entitled to first dibs on a player as a result of the affiliation? Many of which especially the non-US based MCFC fans probably don't even realize that CFG technically doesn't hold Harrison's contract. That's a much more interesting what if to me.

I think the MLS has a fiduciary responsibility to the whole to take the highest bidder. Like any team where their player is facing free agency, the team has a choice to pay market value or lose him to a competitor.

I think the MLS has a fiduciary responsibility to the whole to take the highest bidder. Like any team where their player is facing free agency, the team has a choice to pay market value or lose him to a competitor.
league will reject any transfers they think are not market value. i wouldnt be surprised if the league could force the transfer of player if they wanted since they hold all the contracts

Reactions: gbservis