Music Festivals

Do you like music festivals?

• Total voters

Angello Maggio

Registered
Jun 5, 2014
Hello,

As I'm about to leave for this year's Governor's Ball, I was wondering, are you guys into music fests?
I've been to a few including Gov Ball (2 years) Electric Zoo (2 years, not last year), Global Festival (2 years), Bonnaroo (3 years), Catalpa, and a few other smaller ones. There festivals for all kind of peopel and music, have you guys been to one/want to go to one?

I've been to different types of festivals than the ones mentioned. New Jersey Metalfest, twice. An event called Bloodfest, which hosted around 10 black and death metal bands. In my late teens and early twenties nearly every weekend was spent at local metal shows with a bunch of bands playing. I loved the atmosphere, the camaraderie, the music.

I want to go to one but my thing is that I've never been to a rave and so I don't want to just throw myself into a festival. I want to go to something smaller first and ease my way into it

Used to go to bamboozle @ Giants Stadium years ago....that was the shit in high school

I want to go to one but my thing is that I've never been to a rave and so I don't want to just throw myself into a festival. I want to go to something smaller first and ease my way into it

Honestly I think that for EDM a music festival might be more friendly than a rave for a new person, way better chance of getting a nice spot where everyone's dancing and having a good time. Also free water refill stations.

Also I already went to Gov Ball and Bonanroo this year and my summary would have to be: Jack White is great, Kanye West suckes, and Lionel Richie was actually one of the best shows I've seen in my life.

Lionel! Dancing on the Ceiling!

I am a tad old I suppose I've been to a ton of festivals, old rave ones, hippy ones, the first 3 bonnaroos, a few early pitchforks, a bunch of smaller ones and so on.

One I have coming up is the Brooklyn Hip hop Festival on July 12 ish (its a whole week of events but the main music part is Saturday. It's dirt cheap and a good time with Raekwon and J. Cole. I do enjoy live music, but for me I like my camping to be camping and my music to be in a small club or bar.

Reactions: Soccerfanatic94
not a music festival at all, but the last two nights i have biked home and been "graced" with the music stylings of phish as I ride past randall's island and up to the bronx. In fact I can see their light show and hear it a little from my balcony ... any one going to those shows? I tihnk I may ride over there after the WC and poke my head around.