New City Voice "Close Season" Survey & End To Paper Tickets

Between this and their 180 on paper tickets, not a good day for the FO.

tbf i think the whole paper tickets was forced on them by the yankees......it was going to eventually happen

tbf i think the whole paper tickets was forced on them by the yankees......it was going to eventually happen

I do understand that. But if they weren't in control, they had no business tweeting this:

Their communication was terrible, and even the post describing the transition on their website is not 100% clear (to me) about whether paper tickets will be accepted for the Orlando and New England games.

That said, I feel kind of bad for them. Based on this from their post:

Specifically, in order to assist fans who are already in possession of PDFs for the home opener on Sunday, March 13, New York City FC will be verifying PDFs prior to entering Yankee Stadium. The NYCFC verification process will take place in front of all Main Yankee Stadium Gates, namely:

• Gate 2
  • Gate 4
  • Gate 6
  • Gate 8
  • Suite Entrance Lobby, located adjacent to Gate 4 for fans with premium tickets (Luxury Suites, Outdoor Suite Boxes, Pitchside seats, Legends, Champions and Delta SKY360 Suite seats, Audi Yankees Club and Budweiser Hall of Fame seats)
Once the PDFs have been verified by New York City FC, fans will thereafter be able to proceed through the magnetometers and present their NYCFC verified tickets to a Yankee Stadium ticket taker.

It sounds like Yankee stadium unilaterally changed their entire system such that their staff is no longer even capable of scanning paper tickets, leaving the FO scrambling to find a way to honor their previous commitments.

Reactions: forfalskning
I do understand that. But if they weren't in control, they had no business tweeting this:

Their communication was terrible, and even the post describing the transition on their website is not 100% clear (to me) about whether paper tickets will be accepted for the Orlando and New England games.

Specifically, in order to assist fans who are already in possession of PDFs for the home opener on Sunday, March 13, New York City FC will be verifying PDFs prior to entering Yankee Stadium. The NYCFC verification process will take place in front of all Main Yankee Stadium Gates, namely:

• Gate 2
  • Gate 4
  • Gate 6
  • Gate 8
  • Suite Entrance Lobby, located adjacent to Gate 4 for fans with premium tickets (Luxury Suites, Outdoor Suite Boxes, Pitchside seats, Legends, Champions and Delta SKY360 Suite seats, Audi Yankees Club and Budweiser Hall of Fame seats)
Once the PDFs have been verified by New York City FC, fans will thereafter be able to proceed through the magnetometers and present their NYCFC verified tickets to a Yankee Stadium ticket taker.

It sounds like Yankee stadium unilaterally changed their entire system such that their staff is no longer even capable of scanning paper tickets, leaving the FO scrambling to find a way to honor their previous commitments.

its the yankees stadium it can change from one day to another....im sure they were given a go saying yea its ok but then when the whole thing started heating up they said no were not letting you do that no more.

EDIT: i do agree the execution now is bad but you can only do so much two days before the game....i do wonder how this affects visiting support going forward.

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan

• Gate 2
  • Gate 4
  • Gate 6
  • Gate 8

What a cluster frack.

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan and Gene
What a crock of shit. I just checked my tickets to transfer them and guess what's written across the top in bold?

**MUST PRINT ON PAPER. NOT VALID FOR ENTRY VIA MOBILE DEVICE**

It's gonna be some clusterfuck outside the stadium Sunday afternoon.

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
If you don't put in "Talking about NYCFC on the forums" you're dead to me.
Dan you know I love the forums, but for every opended question I wrote, "If you would like my input please do me the courtesy of addressing me in American English," and for every multiple-choice question, I checked "Other," and then wrote the same thing.

• Gate 2
  • Gate 4
  • Gate 6
  • Gate 8

Holy absolute @#$%^.

I just went back, looked closer at Lasker's post, and read the info page.

I can only conclude my Ticket Rep deliberately and knowingly lied to me yesterday, or was himself fed false information to pass on to me. I was told, clearly and specifically yesterday, that the Print at Home ticket policy was not changing. Today they announce it is changing.
Fucking liars.

Reactions: Ulrich and Gene
In assuming for this first game they're accepting PDF's then going forward they'll require mobile entry. However if you're selling on ticketmaster this isn't a problem as the recipient can access via mobile entry.
Stubhub has an option as well (just used it the other day) but I don't believe it's compatible with ticket masters.

Allow me to ask a real stupid question (not that I've asked anything but over the past 2 years). Can you download more than one ticket to a mobile device or does each person getting in have to have his ticket on his own device?

Allow me to ask a real stupid question (not that I've asked anything but over the past 2 years). Can you download more than one ticket to a mobile device or does each person getting in have to have his ticket on his own device?
I believe if you have the ticketmaster app you just scroll between the tickets. I know on the stubhub app you have the option to send individual tickets to everyone in your group or just do them all on one device.

Reactions: Gene
Stubhub has an option as well (just used it the other day) but I don't believe it's compatible with ticket masters.
That's the problem. The scumbag Yankees are pissed that they're losing nickel and dimes to Stub Hub sales, so they're doing this shit to cut them out completely.

There are some almost responsive ambiguous statements on this point on the page Laster linked to.

Reactions: Lasker and Gene
I believe if you have the ticketmaster app you just scroll between the tickets. I know on the stubhub app you have the option to send individual tickets to everyone in your group or just do them all on one device.
Thanks. The reason I'm asking is because I don't have a mobile phone (yes, I'm that guy ;) ). So if my son can download both our tickets to his phone, then there is no problem.

Oh, and for no other reason than to say it again, fuck the Yankees.