New Collective Bargaining Agreement

Kjbert

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
Apr 24, 2014
any news out there about what this could look like?

Reason I ask is becuase if we take 3 DPs then get a guy like Mix under the DP Cap, there's not a ton of wiggle room to sign another 20+ players.

any news out there about what this could look like?

Reason I ask is becuase if we take 3 DPs then get a guy like Mix under the DP Cap, there's not a ton of wiggle room to sign another 20+ players.
This is an interesting point , the CBA like everything else MLS seems to have bad timing, transfer windows are open all around the world and it would make sense to know what the MLS cap and DP situation is.

Reactions: Kjbert
Exactly T Trone

Kind of hard to build from scratch when you don't know how much you can spend.

Did we ever get clarity on how Loanee salaries would count?

Just because the new rules have not been announced yet, doesn't mean that Kreis & Co. are already informed how much they can spend though...

Yeah, thought about it and I'm sure the owners have already gotten together and hashed out what they want for the new salary cap ECT. The players won't be asking for less so they'll be safe to target what the owners have already agreed to. Which makes me excited because 5 DP level guys have been linked to NYCFC through rumors.... Could mean 5 DP slots perhaps?

It's more likely to mean that the press is slowly starting to link NYCFC with anyone and everyone. It's incredibly rare for a team to sign everyone they get linked with, and usually at least half of the stories - even the ones that get to the "player to sign next week OMG HYPE!!!11" stage - often turn out to be complete nonsense.

Reactions: BlueWarrior