New Large Investment In Cfg From China

Beijing sucks...as a city i don't like it, only been there once...not used to it...like Hongkong or Shanghai much better

Hong Kong has its own league and its own FA, of course, so it's unlikely to want to host a Super League team.

Reactions: Kjbert
How can a country the size of city have its own league?

I believe that under the "one country, two systems" (look it up on Wikipedia) policy which the UK enforced the Chinese to sign off when we handed over Hong Kong, the Chinese have to allow HK to operate its own autonomous national organisations if they choose to, in the same way that they were allowed their own FA when ruled as a Crown Colony by the UK. This is also what has prevented the Chinese from removing their own government and integrating HK fully into China.

If you really think this is an issue, though, there are worse cases around (I say worse, but personally I am all for it). At least HK has a population the size of a small country. Take instead the example of somewhere like Gibraltar, which has a population comparable to my home town (30,000) and yet not only has its own league system complete with cup competition and promotion and relegation between leagues, but even gets to submit a team to the Champions League now after it used international law to force UEFA to accept it as a member.

I believe that under the "one country, two systems" (look it up on Wikipedia) policy which the UK enforced the Chinese to sign off when we handed over Hong Kong, the Chinese have to allow HK to operate its own autonomous national organisations if they choose to, in the same way that they were allowed their own FA when ruled as a Crown Colony by the UK. This is also what has prevented the Chinese from removing their own government and integrating HK fully into China.

If you really think this is an issue, though, there are worse cases around (I say worse, but personally I am all for it). At least HK has a population the size of a small country. Take instead the example of somewhere like Gibraltar, which has a population comparable to my home town (30,000) and yet not only has its own league system complete with cup competition and promotion and relegation between leagues, but even gets to submit a team to the Champions League now after it used international law to force UEFA to accept it as a member.
The Gibraltar scores in Euro qualifying were preposterous. They were in the group with Germany, Poland, Scotland and Ireland, and I think Lewandowski alone outscored them by a multiple of 4 or 5.