New York Belongs To Me

This is awesome. I love punk being present in the MLS.

I thought the Old Firm Casuals did an awesome job with the Quakes anthem. It was especially cool because Lars Frederiksen (Rancid) is a legit Bay Area sports fan. He was a season ticket holder for the minor league hockey team in San Francisco and we sat right across the isle from him. Funny dude.

This is awesome. I love punk being present in the MLS.

I thought the Old Firm Casuals did an awesome job with the Quakes anthem. It was especially cool because Lars Frederiksen (Rancid) is a legit Bay Area sports fan. He was a season ticket holder for the minor league hockey team in San Francisco and we sat right across the isle from him. Funny dude.

Anybody have any connections to Miret? Maybe we can convince him to record an NYCFC version. :cool:

this one works perfectly!! (Just cross posted this to TR FB group)

Well like einwindir suggested, changing the chorus to 'New York belongs to us' and the 'red, white and blue' to 'blue, white and orange' would make it even more perfect. AND if we could get him to record a new version for the club it would add that extra layer of awesome. Plus then the club/MLS could use it to build buzz, write stories about it, etc.

Reactions: Paul and einwindir
I think we should keep it as me. It sounds better that way.

I sent them a message on facebook with a link to this thread. Hopefully they'll see it and take an interest. I think though that with a little bit of initiative, we can make this happen simply with will. Culture comes from creating it yourself, you know? Start chanting this and using this song in videos, putting new york belongs to me on scarfs etc.

Hey all,

Relatively new to this forum, but I wanted to suggest a song/chant. It's called 'New York Belongs to Me' It's a take on the cock sparrer song 'England Belongs to Me' by Roger Miret and the Disasters:

New York belongs to me
A city's pride the dirty water on the Hudson river
No one can take away the memory
Oh Oh, New York belongs to me

This is a great idea. We'd like to be involved!

I sent the band a link to this forum post awhile ago and they replied first to me and then I guess this thread.

Is there anyone in contact with those who have power within the club who could possibly hook them up?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ahab_Flanders
By the way, this is now a Roger Miret and the Disasters thread:

I sent the band a link to this forum post awhile ago and they replied first to me and then I guess this thread.

Is there anyone in contact with those who have power within the club who could possibly hook them up?
Wow. That's pretty awesome.

So is this to be a club thing or a supporter thing? Probably best to keep it within the fans since the club would need to get all lawyery.

If TR gets involved then this will turn into a "Third Rail thing". Which means non TR members may miss out on whatever a potential partnership could turn into. As usual, majority rules and I'll support wherever it goes.