University project- CFG and New York City FC

Matt96

Registered
Feb 12, 2018
Hello folks,

My name is Matt, I am a University student at Teesside University, completing my postgraduate degree in Business Management.

My dissertation is looking into the CFG and the values, culture and beliefs of New York and New York City FC and your opinions are very important to me.

The aim is to hopefully understand whether you guys believe that the club uses such method of using the city to market the club and the questions are aimed at understanding that.

Obviously living in Teesside- England, makes it difficult to access you guys face to face and therefore making data collection difficult, but if you could share this with friends, followers, in anyway you feel you want to, it would help massively.

The link is here: https://goo.gl/forms/bbmz7NvJBB6evDzk2

Thanks in advance, all opinions are important to this kind of research, you don't have to live in New York but just an understanding of the city, it's people and the club.

Matt

As an FYI, you're probably going to get some better responses on some of the questions if they weren't so open-ended. I'm happy to help out with providing some data points for you on these sort of things, but there are several questions in that that require too much thought and writing.

As an FYI, you're probably going to get some better responses on some of the questions if they weren't so open-ended. I'm happy to help out with providing some data points for you on these sort of things, but there are several questions in that that require too much thought and writing.

Hello and thanks for your feedback!

This is something that when creating the questionnaire we looked at but believed (in our opinion) it would work.

For this research, we probably won't change much, however if you could email me on p4041378@live.tees.ac.uk with assistance for my PhD for next year any changes, it would be of massive help.

Matt

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Hello and thanks for your feedback!

This is something that when creating the questionnaire we looked at but believed (in our opinion) it would work.

For this research, we probably won't change much, however if you could email me on p4041378@live.tees.ac.uk with assistance for my PhD for next year any changes, it would be of massive help.

Matt
I'm interested in where you're going with this. What's your thesis?

Hello folks,

My name is Matt, I am a University student at Teesside University, completing my postgraduate degree in Business Management.

My dissertation is looking into the CFG and the values, culture and beliefs of New York and New York City FC and your opinions are very important to me.

The aim is to hopefully understand whether you guys believe that the club uses such method of using the city to market the club and the questions are aimed at understanding that.

Obviously living in Teesside- England, makes it difficult to access you guys face to face and therefore making data collection difficult, but if you could share this with friends, followers, in anyway you feel you want to, it would help massively.

The link is here: https://goo.gl/forms/bbmz7NvJBB6evDzk2

Thanks in advance, all opinions are important to this kind of research, you don't have to live in New York but just an understanding of the city, it's people and the club.

Matt
I did the survey the other day and as is often the case with these there were a few questions that can't really be accurately answered. Like what's my main sport, for example. What if I have two main sports (for me, baseball and soccer)? Also, I didn't change to being an NYCFC fan but rather I added that fandom to my others. I'm still just as much of a Man City fan as I was 15 years ago but now I also have NYCFC.

So there's nothing wrong with your questions, it's just that I'm mildly concerned that the bias implied by them may affect the outcome. The questions imply you're a fan of only one sport, and also of only one team. While that *could* be true for some for most people it probably isn't.

I did the survey the other day and as is often the case with these there were a few questions that can't really be accurately answered. Like what's my main sport, for example. What if I have two main sports (for me, baseball and soccer)? Also, I didn't change to being an NYCFC fan but rather I added that fandom to my others. I'm still just as much of a Man City fan as I was 15 years ago but now I also have NYCFC.

So there's nothing wrong with your questions, it's just that I'm mildly concerned that the bias implied by them may affect the outcome. The questions imply you're a fan of only one sport, and also of only one team. While that *could* be true for some for most people it probably isn't.

Hi Seth,

Thanks for this, this area is quite new to me, my last project was interviews and was very semi-structured and due to the long distance of this project, ie speaking to you guys in NY and Melbourne fans too, means that spoken word can be understood differently to written.

Your feedback however will help when I come to analysing my study, be used to help me critically analyse it!

Thanks again,

Matt

This was thoughtfully written.
giphy.gif