Scott McCarthy

Registered
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
May 22, 2014
Brooklyn,NY
www.facebook.com
Hey Guys & Gals,

I am going to attempt to start a soccer style supporters group for the New York Islanders for their move to the Barclays Center for the 2015-16 seasons. I have already made a contact with the Islanders ticketing department and they are on board with reserving a mini block or possibly a section. I see on the virtual venue the side of the arena where the obstructed view seats are, are listed as not available and the rep has confirmed those seats will not be available for sale when tickets go on sale in January.

However if there is enough people interested, we can offer to turn a big negative (a completely silent section behind and off to the side of one goal) into a massive positive and turn it into the loudest section in not just the Barclays Center, but the entire NHL.

If the limited view side (204-228, 104-128 & 4-28) I would suggest a spot on the 212-220 side, if we get enough people we can discuss and vote on the best spot, but as far as cost those offer the best value of price and view (since the corners and backs are lower than the sideline section)

Thanks for Reading and any interest you may Have, who knows if we can come up with a big enough block of people, maybe we can awing a discount on a per seat basis.

Scott

Reactions: Pattyboybx
Hey Guys & Gals,

I am going to attempt to start a soccer style supporters group for the New York Islanders for their move to the Barclays Center for the 2015-16 seasons. I have already made a contact with the Islanders ticketing department and they are on board with reserving a mini block or possibly a section. I see on the virtual venue the side of the arena where the obstructed view seats are, are listed as not available and the rep has confirmed those seats will not be available for sale when tickets go on sale in January.

However if there is enough people interested, we can offer to turn a big negative (a completely silent section behind and off to the side of one goal) into a massive positive and turn it into the loudest section in not just the Barclays Center, but the entire NHL.

If the limited view side (204-228, 104-128 & 4-28) I would suggest a spot on the 212-220 side, if we get enough people we can discuss and vote on the best spot, but as far as cost those offer the best value of price and view (since the corners and backs are lower than the sideline section)

Thanks for Reading and any interest you may Have, who knows if we can come up with a big enough block of people, maybe we can awing a discount on a per seat basis.

Scott

You should get in contact with the Blue and Orange Army. They already do that and have a section in the Coli. One of my good friends is huge with them if you want his contact info.

Reactions: Scott McCarthy
It's a shame. From the sound of the name, I was hoping for a support group for ppl like me who've been islanders fans for so many years...

You should get in contact with the Blue and Orange Army. They already do that and have a section in the Coli. One of my good friends is huge with them if you want his contact info.

That contact info would be great, i'm starting with a catchy but neutral (Slapshots & Shenanigans) name and if there is enough interest, a name vote can be made.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Slapshots-Shenanigans

I'm a Sharks fan that just moved to Brooklyn. I went to the preseason game at Barclays against the Devils and went out to NVMC when the Sharks were in town. I gotta say, Isles fans are awesome. LOVED the energy at the Colosseum despite the fact that it was probably only 70% full that night.

Needless to say, the Islanders are definitely my adopted East Coast team. I'm totally onboard with this. I saw the guys you were talking about singing up in the corner at NVMC. It was pretty great.