Nissan Signs On As The First Global City Sponsor

This is what will make us superior to everyone els. we can offer potential sponsors something no other club can.

Exciting news. Big name sponsors like this will help keep the $$ flowing in.
As mentioned on twitter I'd love to see some NY sponsors as well.

Reactions: Gene
Nissan co-owns Yokohama with CFG. Makes good business sense.

Nissan would be a cool shirt sponsor.

But this is how we have stolen a march on the competition, by offering a more or less global presence.. $100bn car manufacturer want a global reach thru sports? Call us.. ;)

It won't be a kit sponsor. You can tell because they stated they are NYCFC's "official automotive sponsor", which means they are not considered to be a top-level partner. Get used to the world of signing "official <x> sponsor"s for just about anything that can be branded. Official logistics sponsor, official recruitment sponsor, official energy drink sponsor (and I'm not even thinking of the Harrison Exiles here), official car battery sponsor. All things I've seen PL teams sign sponsorships for.

It won't be a kit sponsor. You can tell because they stated they are NYCFC's "official automotive sponsor", which means they are not considered to be a top-level partner. Get used to the world of signing "official <x> sponsor"s for just about anything that can be branded. Official logistics sponsor, official recruitment sponsor, official energy drink sponsor (and I'm not even thinking of the Harrison Exiles here), official car battery sponsor. All things I've seen PL teams sign sponsorships for.

Oh, we've seen that kind of hilarity in USA sports too.

Please tho draw the line before official noodle sponsor !!!

Reactions: Kjbert
Oh, we've seen that kind of hilarity in USA sports too.
Hell, don't have to go far to prove that. All one has to do is listen to the Yankees on the radio. Seems like every damn pitch is sponsored by someone or another.............and quite frankly that's not really that much of an exaggeration.

Bring on the sponsors, noodles and all. More money coming in the less likely well be playing games at Yankee Stadium in 2020. As long as it's only one shirt sponsor.

Reactions: Kjbert
Bring on the sponsors, noodles and all. More money coming in the less likely well be playing games at Yankee Stadium in 2020.
I don't think money is the problem for NYCFC. I think not spending too much is their problem.