Nycfc Centric Scarf Company

adam

Registered
Elite Donor
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
May 30, 2014
LBNY
Well I'm working on the production and pricing end over the next couple of weeks. But I wanted to share the website I just built with the designs already on this forum. Would love some more input from you guys and to make this more about scarf for us and by us. @NYCFC_Dan I would be happy to try to design an NYCFC Forums scarf too! So what do you all think?

http://www.awaydaycasuals.com

Reactions: Jack and CTNYCFC
Hmm, I didn't swipe that logo, I just drew my own interlocking NYC that resembled theirs. It doesn't match up, but it's similar. Any lawyers want to let me know if I'm in trouble? Or would be if I sold them.

Hmm, I didn't swipe that logo, I just drew my own interlocking NYC that resembled theirs. It doesn't match up, but it's similar. Any lawyers want to let me know if I'm in trouble? Or would be if I sold them.

Not a lawyer, but it's really close to the actual logo. Most manufacturers won't produce it because of copyright infringement. Only Adidas and a few other brands are licensed to produce merch with the NYCFC name and logo.

Reactions: doctorhoosier
Not a lawyer, but it's really close to the actual logo. Most manufacturers won't produce it because of copyright infringement. Only Adidas and a few other brands are licensed to produce merch with the NYCFC name and logo.

Maybe someone can tell me how far away from their logo I have to get. Mets and Yanks have interlocking NY, but are considered different enough.

I am not a lawyer, but I believe the intent is the issue. If you are marketing to NYCFC fans and your logo is intended to resemble their logo, it is infringement.

Reactions: Drainyoo
I am not a lawyer, but I believe the intent is the issue. If you are marketing to NYCFC fans and your logo is intended to resemble their logo, it is infringement.

Thanks, well I guess then the Plaid Design wins out, I'll try it out in other colors. Maybe I produce the other in a very small batch as a novelty gift to friends, but not for sale. I just like the look so much. Can't wait to meet all of you.

I'll post again when the other plaid designs are up there.

Maybe do a version of the pattern that doesn't use the logo. Something like:

N * N
* Y *
C * C
* F *
C * C

Reactions: adam
If you can also get an away one that would be sick. Black, light blue, orange. Oh yeah.

Reactions: adam