Nycfc Forum

MrE

Registered
Jun 1, 2014
Guys
There are about 1000 members. Of which there are about 100 (estimate) regular contributors who can be "opinionated". I think all of these guys are Nycfc fans for one reason or another. New Yorkers who want a local team or Man City fans who want a sister team to do well. New Yorkers may have an allegiance to another Epl team and want to ignore mcfc. The city fans accept this to varying degrees or defend there corner ( anything anti city related). But the odd real troll apart, and they go as quick as they come we are all here to support Nycfc. We may express it differently but we all want the best for a team that has not kicked a ball yet.
Culture is different
Can we accept that and throw out points of view without complaining to mods I.e debate our own corners like adults which is what (the English part of the partnership) believe forums for or are we expected to all agree with each other (which until we get to know each other better won't happen).
What do u all actually want from the forum
What do u believe crosses the line
Can we agree to leave the mods out of debate unless personal insults or threats are made and agree to debate valid points only from both sides of the fence ( that due to reasons for support) will be there until the teams establish the working relationship

Reactions: einwindir
I think most people want that, and this is a great forum so far. I'm excited to see how it will grow (and has for that matter) once the season begins. I don't think most people have any problem with opposing viewpoints but when it delves into the realm of name calling and pointless immaturity among so called adults then I think some people will have a legitimate issue. That being said, there are people on here that annoy me but I won't report them because they're the ones making themselves look like fools, not me, so what do I care. Some people still refuse to even acknowledge an opposing viewpoint and instead of debate resort to sarcastic or snide comments.

What you're asking for has been totally different from what has actually happened to date.

Few Manchester City fans have reflected on success for NYCFC on its own merit, and instead have opined on who we'll develop on loan for you, or how long you can hold on to one of our players.

So you're saying that we all want the same thing, but that couldn't be further from the truth. We want NYCFC to succeed as a club because it's our club. From what I've seen time and time again on these forums, City fans posting here want to see NYCFC succeed because of tangible benefits for CITEH.

Which is fine, but let's not pretend that we want the same things. We don't.

What you're asking for has been totally different from what has actually happened to date.

Few Manchester City fans have reflected on success for NYCFC on its own merit, and instead have opined on who we'll develop on loan for you, or how long you can hold on to one of our players.

So you're saying that we all want the same thing, but that couldn't be further from the truth. We want NYCFC to succeed as a club because it's our club. From what I've seen time and time again on these forums, City fans posting here want to see NYCFC succeed because of tangible benefits for CITEH.

Which is fine, but let's not pretend that we want the same things. We don't.

Whatever the motives for wanting NYCFC to succeed we all want them to succeed.
We have heard the CITEH thing from United fans for years, it is them trying to mock Manchester accents, what more proof could there be about the true Manchester club, .... anyway back to New York...
As long as both parties want the club to succeed, and I am one of those who has the success of Man City as my first priority and the SUCCESS of New York City is now a big part of my club.

The difference is that the good people of New York have / want New York City as their primary team. As some may have been soccer / mls fans you may have allegiances to other teams (Madrid, Barca, Arsenal, Tottenham, Manu, etc etc). Each of them would rather the project is managed by that chosen team.

The fact is that it is CITEH as you put it, that have the project, so you have to deal with that... some embrace it, some ignore it, and some scream that NYCFC is the most important team in the world.
This forum brings all of those views together, and they will clash. I admit that if MCFC or CFG is attacked I will be one of the defenders. But the fact I defend them, does not equal I don't want NYCFC to succeed, just that I / we have different reasons for wanting NYCFC to succeed.

The thing is that it is mostly fans of the other clubs, trying to reconcile there new team with there existing team (and that in itself says something to real fans) that are the ones screaming anti City sentiments most loudly (I wont name names here but I am counting you in) or trying to belittle Man City / CFG (again I include you in that number).

Thing is (most of) us MCFC fans are prepared to return a valid argument that some of you guys are not prepared to see because it is a MCFC fan giving a point (again I count you in).
If you want to mock a City fan, you will need to try a bit harder than CITEH, If you really don't like us being here put us on ignore and pretend we are not there, just like you are pretending that New York City has no Links to Man City.

Personally I want to see both sides of the fence and enjoy valid debate. sensible debate is what changes views and attitudes, and resolves issues.

The arrogant attitude, name calling (CITEH)doesn't help anyone, but if you want to persist feel free, remember though before you run to a mod, you started it.

I agree to an extent on this but I think the rub comes that people here aren't MCFC supporters and don't want to be reminded of the affiliation. The second something comes up about MCFC people go nuclear when it's just not needed. A reasoned debate and exchange of views should be encouraged and will help grow the board and the base of fans. It seems to me a lot of it's ok to be anyone on here....except MCFC. Just my point of view, it's ok if one disagrees.

Reactions: MrE
I came on here a while back(in peace I might add) not long after the announcement a team would be established in New York,as part af a "City Group".Iwas interested/intrigued and I still am.Personally I think things between the 2 sets of fans started to get a bit heated when some of the NYCFC fans started giving opinions on the colour and design of their shirt/jersey,which I can understand to be fair.But then you start getting the comments like "don't want it nothing like city's"...."don't want etihad as a sponsor",then the kit/uniform is announced and off we go again,slagging city....yes you are your own club,yes you want to be individual,but unfortunately you are part of a group..we call it a kit,you call it a uniform(or some of you do).....point is,do McDonalds in the states wear a different UNIFORM than in the UK?,Do UPS?......DHL?...KFC?......no because each of them franchises are all part of the same group and that is the "UNIFORM",as some of you would put it..........then we get onto the you got one of our players malarkey,as in lampard.....shits just got out of hand on that thread,so I'll stop there with that,you may not like the affiliation as some MCFC fans might not,but it's there..
I'd like to know,if the boot was on the other foot,IE,Mansour bought a club in NY,then announced he was going to create a MCFC in manchester,what would your thoughts be?

Reactions: MrE and Christian
You are fully within your rights to care about NYCFC because of the benefits for Manchester, but that doesn't argue my point. We're interested in the team's success for totally different reasons, so the "We're all in this together" chat rings totally hollow. Your priorities are completely different than ours.