NYCFC II - 2022 Schedule/Matchday (MLS NEXT Pro)

OK, where y’all at? It’s the first beautiful Sunday of the year and there’s maybe like 75 people here.

ETA: And also, apparently Will Sands is playing for Columbus II today

3E39B3D0-7A76-4DD2-8B06-D5ACC67ADE9D.jpeg

Reactions: Shwafta
OK, where y’all at? It’s the first beautiful Sunday of the year and there’s maybe like 75 people here.

View attachment 12063
I'll be there in future games maybe, but I've had a LOT of soccer today and the past few weeks so I'm attempting to not go to soccer gamesevery week haha

Reactions: Seth

View attachment 12063
Actually ended up with a coupla hundred people, so not a bad crowd. And it felt pretty good to be too hot for once. Finally!

Next match is Saturday at 6pm.

interesting that jasson, haak, barazza, and vuk played in this game.

glad they are getting more minutes.

How did the game go?
Kind of felt like we were outmassed by about 25 pounds per player in the beginning but once one of their players got sent off things were much more even LOL

Just got an email from the club that the match this weekend on Saturday at Belson has been moved up from the original 6:00pm and now starts at 4:00pm.

Match vs Fire II was entertaining. Won. 3-0, one of them a penalty. Ref gave out 53 yellow cards, was ridiculous, and not the fault of any of the players. Sat in the only shade at Belson, in the supporters section at the end line, along with dozens of little kids all wearing soccer jerseys about ten sizes too large for them. They were the best cheering section I've ever heard, was great!

I watched our Deuce light up FC Cincinatti II 5-1 tonight. It was 4-0 after 18 minutes. I know Cincinatti has their struggles, but I have to say, Pilkington really has our lads playing well. Very organized. Very heartening to see.
Just got home from the match. These are a lot of fun, and it’s interesting to see tomorrow’s (possible) senior team players. And besides, Belson is one of the rare places in the city where you can see the entire sky.

IMG_5987.png

Attachments

• 2AF2313C-EFFB-480B-AD51-BFD79DA0AFFF.jpeg
    6.7 MB · Views: 1
NYCFC II 2-2 Inter Miami CF II in full time. Bummer, too many twos. We took a 2-0 lead at 63' on Jasson but Borgelin promptly scored twice in short order and that was that. Owusu especially tried to rescue the match but we couldn't find the net again.

Maximo Carrizo made his pro debut at 14 years old. Kid is special, you could see it right away. Flat-out explosive.

EDIT: We're in PKs for some reason, I walked away for a minute and missed it. I'm not sure what this is about, to be honest. :grinning:

EDIT(2): NYC II wins the shootout 4-2, collects two points, Inter Miami II collects a point for the draw. Barraza with the icer in PKs.

Last edited: