NYCFC Survivor [2022 Edition] General Discussion

Shwafta

MLS Cup Attendee
Elite Donor
Jan 16, 2018
Long Island
Hello fellow NYCFC fans!

After a very strong finish to the year and topsy-turvy season, we have ended with 55 points (1.62 ppg), 57 GF and 41 GA.
Tell your kids, tell your family, tell your friends, because on Wednesday, 12/21, we will begin the 3rd edition of NYCFC Survivor to wrap up the season!

Player Pool

I combined all players listed here and here, let me know if I missed anyone! My criteria is anyone that played >1 minute for us in 2022, as well as anyone listed on our team roster.

Sean Johnson (Future currently unknown)
Luis Barraza
Cody Mizell

Anton Tinnerholm (Leaving at the end of 2022)
Maxime Chanot
Alexander Callens (Future currently unknown)
Thiago Martins Bueno
Chris Gloster
Tayvon Gray
Vuk Latinovich
Malte Amundsen
Nico Benalcazar
Christian McFarlane
Samuel Owusu

Maximiliano Moralez (Likely headed out)
Talles Magno Bacelar Martins
Santiago Rodríguez (Loan ends soon)
Gabriel Pereira dos Santos
Gedion Zelalem
Alfredo Morales
Nicolás Acevedo
Keaton Parks
Justin Haak (Future currently unknown)
Matías Pellegrini
James Sands (On loan at Rangers)
Alexandru Mitrita

Héber
Thiago Andrade
Valentín Castellanos (On loan at Girona)
Andres Jasson
Kevin O'Toole
Jonathan Jimenez

Format

First round will be 4 groups of 8 players selected randomly.
Most selected player each week will get eliminated. In case of a tie, both players will be eliminated, excluding certain situations in which we will have a tiebreaking vote.
Groups will get smaller, randomly shuffled each week, until 6-8 remain, followed by single elimination rounds.
Final will be top 3 as we will award a Gold, Silver, and Bronze medalist this year.

Looking forward!

(any comments or suggestions, please let me know and I can take it into consideration)

Reactions: moogoo
Durrrr I messed up the group namings in the thread titles. There are 4 threads, 4 groups. Will fix in the next round.

Lol I was just about to ask why are there 4 Group “A”s?
The person who created the thread can change the thread titles. You don’t have to wait until next round.

Durrrr I messed up the group namings in the thread titles. There are 4 threads, 4 groups. Will fix in the next round.
World Cup style survivor pool instead of everyone at once? Conditioning us to accept the new playoff format? Did Garber hack your account??

World Cup style survivor pool instead of everyone at once? Conditioning us to accept the new playoff format? Did Garber hack your account??
We've done this every year 🤣 polls don't allow for that many choices

Very interested to see where this goes after we get rid of the dead wood in round 2 and 3.

Curious on people's thoughts:

Seeing as at end of year we have lots of roster turnover and people tend to vote out those who aren't here - would you be interested if we did a survivor mid-season that spanned the length of leagues cup, which would include the first half of the season's results so we could vote on currently-present players?

You are all made of different stuff than me. This whole concept with current players feels like bad juju. Doing it during the season ... oy vez.

• Haha
Reactions: Shwafta
Curious on people's thoughts:

Seeing as at end of year we have lots of roster turnover and people tend to vote out those who aren't here - would you be interested if we did a survivor mid-season that spanned the length of leagues cup, which would include the first half of the season's results so we could vote on currently-present players?
I think this year was extreme. We have had limited turnover in the past, and before this year it always seemed to me that I was in the minority voting for people who left. I would often vote for the same guy several weeks in a row. I would keep things as is and see if it settles back to normal next year.

Reactions: Shwafta