NYCFC Training Facility Thread

Didn’t Villa say that the facilities rivaled Barcelona?
Would be hard to believe that, not that I’ve seen Barca’s but NYCFC’s is super minimal, and best case scenario it strikes me as a temporary solution with an eye on outgrowing it and moving to a larger training palace. It’s really small and has an erector set feel to it.

So maybe it was a case of Villa putting the best possible spin on it since they finally got a legitimate, albeit tiny and minimal, facility.

Our training facility looks ugly on the outside, but there is no factual basis for it being bare-bones. In fact, by all accounts the team has everything they need and is well taken care of there.
I’ve been there. It’s barebones. What do you think the players will say when they work for a company that’s militaristic regarding all-things press related.

Seriously, our training center is shitty. It’s an MLS 1.0 level private training center.

Reactions: Kjbert
I’ve been there. It’s barebones. What do you think the players will say when they work for a company that’s militaristic regarding all-things press related.

Seriously, our training center is shitty. It’s an MLS 1.0 level private training center.

The locker room, medical facility, meal room, team rooms are barebones? If that's the case, then I take it back.

The locker room, medical facility, meal room, team rooms are barebones? If that's the case, then I take it back.
Yes. The place is minimal and shitty, and provides the absolute bare minimum of facilities. That place would have received a solid C grade in a graduate level design studio - considering it’s a poor copy of Manchester, drops it to a D. There’s zero design flair or creature comforts. It’s like a badly done Blink Fitness compared to an Equinox.

Yes. The place is minimal and shitty, and provides the absolute bare minimum of facilities. That place would have received a solid C grade in a graduate level design studio - considering it’s a poor copy of Manchester, drops it to a D. There’s zero design flair or creature comforts. It’s like a badly done Blink Fitness compared to an Equinox.

Then I was wrong, and that's disappointing. There's a lot you can't control, one of the things you can control is this. So that's disappointing.

I've been to the training facility three times. Looking inside, it has everything the first team needs, especially when it comes to training and medical conditioning. It has all the equipment. It doesn't have the architectural design or glass windows or balcony that other teams to have to be flashy.

Some MLS training facilities look nicer than the Man City training facility from a design aspect.

If the stadium is bare bones, then I'd have a problem. That needs to be flashy.

As someone once said to me about the facility, it’s fine. Provides all of the necessary stuff minus the wow factor.
I've been to the training facility three times. Looking inside, it has everything the first team needs, especially when it comes to training and medical conditioning. It has all the equipment. It doesn't have the architectural design or glass windows or balcony that other teams to have to be flashy.

Some MLS training facilities look nicer than the Man City training facility from a design aspect.

If the stadium is bare bones, then I'd have a problem. That needs to be flashy.
A ‘95 Camry functions the same as a 2019 Tesla. Both transport you around. Which one do you enjoy driving more? Which is more comfortable? Which has more features that makes the drive easier and efficient?

The current training facility functions, but it’s nothing special. It’s not a place that makes somebody want to be there outside of when they have to be there. The fitness area looks like a garage-style cross-fit gym. The rehab area is small and cramped. The cafeteria didn’t feel homey - very much like a cold commercial space. The locker room felt like everybody was jammed together in a circle - no room to lounge. The conference rooms were again very blah and sparse. The exterior building materials are the CFG patented (their words) metal siding - looked cheap in an IKEA-esque way. A single “pitch-tablet” (their name) is their field which has to be constantly rotated for practice to minimize wear and tear.

A lot in this world passes as “fine” but why settle for that when competing for players and staff? This organization has nothing else to show for their ambition from a facilities standpoint. I think CFG talked a big game but has shown they’re only marginally interested in their stateside follie.

Reactions: Buckley
I would say it has the minimum amount a quality first team needs. There are bells and whistles that would be helpful but don’t exist. There are things Man City has that we don’t. It could be better but the guys aren’t lacking in anything.

On the interview with Brad Sims, he said that the grass in the trailing facility was redone in Q3 2021.

Also, if you're ever up at the training facility and are looking for some good food (especially burgers), a little drive south in Palisades, NY is a place called The Filling Station. One of my favorite burgers and fries in the world.

Reactions: Kjbert and Vallos
On the interview with Brad Sims, he said that the grass in the trailing facility was redone in Q3 2021.

Also, if you're ever up at the training facility and are looking for some good food (especially burgers), a little drive south in Palisades, NY is a place called The Filling Station. One of my favorite burgers and fries in the world.

Did they go with the synthetic mixed in with grass like they have at the Etihad?

did you also get the vibe that they want to move elsewhere to have bigger facility to include first team/ academy in it in a more "central location" as it was described.

did you also get the vibe that they want to move elsewhere to have bigger facility to include first team/ academy in it in a more "central location" as it was described.

The academy being all the way out at Belson has started becoming an issue for retaining talent

The academy being all the way out at Belson has started becoming an issue for retaining talent

i mean even for kids within the city its a pain in the ass to get there im sure. I just have no clue where they would want to do this potential facility.