Nycfc V Brøndby

Are any guys going to see this?
I just ordered my ticket.
East 1 - Row; S - Seat 15!
Would be great too meet some of the guys on here

I am on East 3 - Row B - Seat 70

However, you can walk about, but can organise to meet up if you want.

I am going to get the bus this time so maybe On Saturday/Sunday we can exchange messages

Reactions: LostAnvil
Brondby are certainly a better side than St. Mirren (although I would say the Danish Superliga is a pretty similar level to the SPL), they play more attractive football and half 3/4 decent players.
Their key players:
Johann Elmander - Former Bolton and Galatasaray striker, beast of a man. Actually would have been a good partner for Villa here, he's a bit like Nemec (big strong/good in the air etc) with a bit more flair and guile.
Daniel Agger - Former Liverpool centre back, great on the ball and in the air, strong as an ox. Would still walk into most Premier League sides.
Teemu Pukki - 24 year old Finnish striker on loan from Celtic. Has 5 goals in 11 games this season. Very skillful and a good finisher, he's a talent.
Thomas Kahlenberg - Experienced attacking midfielder and captain. A bit of a talisman for them, creates a good lot of chances for their strikers.

Others to look for: Rashani, Ornskov, da Silva.

I would play this team for the 1st Half:
Saunders
Williams Hernandez Mendoza Wingert
Poku
Ballouchy Grabavoy
Mix
Nemec Villa

and this for the 2nd Half:
Rawls
Brovsky Facey Kwame Brandt
Jacobson
Dunn Calle
Velasquez
Taylor Shelton

Although Pukki is a neat player he is a very poor finisher. Didn't really make a great impact with Celtic (my first team by the way) and was offloaded on loan to Brondby, hopefully never to be seen again lol

Reactions: Brooooooklyn2015
Agghh why couldn't Chelsea be the ones that made the expansion? Going from London to Manchester is really expensive for a student budget, even by coach. It is actually cheaper to go from England to Latvia by plane than getting to manchester by train. And it takes between 4 and 6 hours....... :(:(:(:(

By the way, was there any merchandise in the St. Mirren match? Any official jerseys?

I'd start with the team that I'd have in mind for the season opener and play them for 55-60 minutes.

Its a tough one as match fitness should be brought on gradually but if they don't get enough time on the field then they won't be prepared for 90 minutes come March. However if the team that starts for more than an hour your second XI isn't going to get enough playing time and your not going to have enough time to learn from their performance.

I suspect the score will have an impact on what minute the changes are made in. I defo want to see more of Tony Taylor though...

Agghh why couldn't Chelsea be the ones that made the expansion? Going from London to Manchester is really expensive for a student budget, even by coach. It is actually cheaper to go from England to Latvia by plane than getting to manchester by train. And it takes between 4 and 6 hours....... :(:(:(:(

By the way, was there any merchandise in the St. Mirren match? Any official jerseys?

They didn't have jerseys but they had t-shirts, scarves and hats. Hats were good, they were needed. It was cold.

I was queuing behind a guy who must have bought £100s worth of merch.

Reactions: SayWhat44
I am on East 3 - Row B - Seat 70

However, you can walk about, but can organise to meet up if you want.

I am going to get the bus this time so maybe On Saturday/Sunday we can exchange messages

That sounds good too me. We could arrange a meet up, Would be good.

I should be there - if I can get over the bug I've given myself from letting my body get half-frozen at the St. Mirren match, that is.

Hopefully I can see you there! I have a real shitty cold that ive caught but ill brave it for game :)

Sorry guys, I'm having to pull out of this one. I've had a swollen throat since the day after St. Mirren and now I can hardly talk. NHS thinks I've caught a virus and is strongly recommending I don't leave the house so a trip to Manchester for the best part of a day and a half and three hours in the freezing cold is probably a bit too much I think. I'm disappointed, and it sucks I won't get to meet you guys, but I don't think this is one of those things I can do anything about.

Last edited:
Leeds.
I'm getting dropped off at the stadium around 11:15 & my girlfriends going shopping. What about you?

Just going to get the bus from Stockport. Maybe we can meet up pitch side about 11:30 in front of what looks like a shop in the middle of the East Stand. Saw them selling merchandise and food in there. Basically at the centre of the pitch.

Just going to get the bus from Stockport. Maybe we can meet up pitch side about 11:30 in front of what looks like a shop in the middle of the East Stand. Saw them selling merchandise and food in there. Basically at the centre of the pitch.
That's sounds good too me. Il be at the ground around 11:15. Hopefully they sell bobble hats or something, I've been wanting an NYCFC one for a while. I've ordered stuff from the official club store online but I have no idea how long it's gonna take too come as the orders been processing for 3 days! But yeah, we can meet pitch side. That sounds good too me

Sorry guys, I'm having to pull out of this one. I've had a swollen throat since the day after St. Mirren and now I can hardly talk. NHS thinks I've caught a virus and is strongly recommending I don't leave the house so a trip to Manchester for the best part of a day and a half and three hours in the freezing cold is probably a bit too much I think. I'm disappointed, and it sucks I won't get to meet you guys, but I don't think this is one of those things I can do anything about.

I hope you feel better soon buddy! Being out in the cold would be torture!

Reactions: MagnusPax
That's sounds good too me. Il be at the ground around 11:15. Hopefully they sell bobble hats or something, I've been wanting an NYCFC one for a while. I've ordered stuff from the official club store online but I have no idea how long it's gonna take too come as the orders been processing for 3 days! But yeah, we can meet pitch side. That sounds good too me

Okay see you there..what's your first name?