NYCFC v Chicago Postmatch

Falastur

Registered
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 20, 2014
Herts, UK
Some encouraging moments, but very frustrating that they only came in the last 10 minutes of each half. The team looked good towards the end but just couldn't find first gear until the subs changed the complexion of the game. Also, Mata seems to be revealing himself to be pretty hot-headed - hopefully he keeps that in check or it could come back to bite us...

Lets hear your thoughts.

[voopl=2016-04-10][/voopl]

Reactions: Kjbert
It felt like 10k showed up. The stadium was empty. It was cold and windy, very difficult to convince my pregnant wife did not want to stay but I manned up and got her to stay.

Brilliant and Mattaritta were solid. Mendoza was bad.

More in a few hours after î get home and watch the game.

BTW what happened with the lineup? The lineup the club tweeted obviously was wrong. Was there a late change or just an error?

Last edited:
We need to release Lampard and bring in a strong DP striker that can hold up and create his own shots. We have no offensive focal point.

Reactions: gbservis
That was almost too frustrating for words. A quiet stadium, a team with, AGAIN, no one in the middle, no cohesion, no final ball, little actual teamwork.

I thought Mendoza was pretty garbage. Saunders needs to learn to catch the ball and overall, we need to learn how to pass to a team mate.

The most frustrating thing for me was the team were so spread out. For a team that plays a passing game, that seems bizarre. Player A gets it and everyone else stays in formation, right across the pitch. Player is then surrounded by opposition players and 1) tries to play out of trouble and loses it or 2) tries to pass to a team mate that isn't ready and loses it.

Not sure anyone gets pass marks. Hernandez had a couple of good tackles again; Pirlo had some dig (as did Mix at times); oh and, once again, the refereeing was completely horrendous.

Here is my rant:

Shoot the fucking ball guys :mad::mad: so many times they kept going for the pass

Why the fuck does PV take forever to do the last sub come on PV your last sub need more than 4 minutes to make an impact

Man the whole team doesn't have a first touch on the ball

The field size seems to be fucking up the team now and that's bad, I'll confirm this in the next two away games see how they play

3 points in four home games is bad

Mix- fucking hustle dude hustle so many time I saw him just waiting for the ball to come to him rather than him going for it soooo fucking frustrating

Brilant did well I think but that's probably because accam was not there

I still don't know what the fuck happened on the disallowed goal

Saunders dude improve in your set pieces taking out our players a couple of times
I guess defense didn't concede but that's because Chicago had like 0 shots on target

It was cold and the game was pretty boring. Also we need some creativity in the final third. Get us a DP that can make it on the field.

Sheesh.
Saunders with a back pass looks about as comfortable as a kangaroo in a minefield. We need another keeper option.

We don't shoot enough. So many opportunities but we opted for the extra touch or pass rather than the shot.

There were points of cohesion but I think (no doubt controversially) that Lampard may be able to give some stickiness to the midfield. Building from the back is not going to work if nobody is holding it up and helping Pirlo.

It was freaking cold of tonight. On the train now and looking forward to a warming dram when I get home.

Out.

Last edited:
Here is my rant:

Shoot the fucking ball guys :mad::mad: so many times they kept going for the pass

Why the fuck does PV take forever to do the last sub come on PV your last sub need more than 4 minutes to make an impact

Man the whole team doesn't have a first touch on the ball

The field size seems to be fucking up the team now and that's bad, I'll confirm this in the next two away games see how they play

3 points in four home games is bad

Mix- fucking hustle dude hustle so many time I saw him just waiting for the ball to come to him rather than him going for it soooo fucking frustrating

Brilant did well I think but that's probably because accam was not there

I still don't know what the fuck happened on the disallowed goal

Saunders dude improve in your set pieces taking out our players a couple of times
I guess defense didn't concede but that's because Chicago had like 0 shots on target
Dude, he's trying to set himself up to take a positive touch. Dear God, if you took away from that shit show that Mix is anything close to a problem, you must be watching a different game.

Until the bullshit free kick at the top of our box around 60-70 or so, we did squat to attack. One of the worst matches I've ever watched in its entirety. We were bad. Mix and Matarrita are the only players worth a shit

Teams are going to keep doing this shit to us on this crap pitch. And note to grounds crew: when it rains all day the day before, we don't need quite so damn much water.

Bad news - We suck. Good news - so does the rest of the east. Worst news - we have 13 more games in a shitty home setting and we play the rest of them away.

My personal player by player reaction
I am all for Mullins getting minutes after last year, but clearly he doesn't fit well into this system or he just had a really bad night. He did have good moments when passing to Villa

I really liked Villa on the left hand side. He was able to get a lot more touches on the ball and I think it will make any FB crap his pants in a 1v1 situation. He had a much more lively game against Chicago this time around.

Tommy Mac seemed alright. He went missing quite a few times during the game.

I think tonight was a very good game from Iraola. He played very well going forward with a lot of movement on and off the ball. One of his best in the NYC jersey.

Mata went into beast mode and I thought he was going to see red on the crazy mid air assault. I think he and the RW for Chicago were getting very chippy with one another and he lost his temper. Still played very well in my book.

Mix seemed off his game a little bit. He had a lot of good moments during the game but not as many as he should be. Still had a pretty good game

I don't want to talk about Saunders. Just take him off the field already.

I thought Brillant and Hernandez did pretty well and they did keep the clean sheet so props to them.

Mendoza didn't have his flare at all. But I think he did pretty good on the defensive end. He was able to track down opposing player quickly who had the ball.

Pirlo hindered more today than helped, I liked the sub for bravo to allow mix and Tmac to get more forward without worrying about playing D for Pirlo.

Poku and Taylor didn't have enough time to make a real impact to me.

I think that's everyone. I hate 0-0 draws probably more than I hate losses.

Reactions: Jock
Dude, he's trying to set himself up to take a positive touch. Dear God, if you took away from that shit show that Mix is anything close to a problem, you must be watching a different game.

Until the bullshit free kick at the top of our box around 60-70 or so, we did squat to attack. One of the worst matches I've ever watched in its entirety. We were bad. Mix and Matarrita are the only players worth a shit

Teams are going to keep doing this shit to us on this crap pitch. And note to grounds crew: when it rains all day the day before, we don't need quite so damn much water.

Bad news - We suck. Good news - so does the rest of the east. Worst news - we have 13 more games in a shitty home setting and we play the rest of them away.

I'm not saying he is the problem....but fucking hustle for plays...and waiting for the ball to get to you is not "setting yourself up for a good touch"....mostly talking of some of the mid field touches....especially when the ball gets taken away or intercepted right in front of him.....you don't have to score but not hustling will keep that over rated tag on you for a longer time