NYCFC v Cosmos

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The field is also 120×75 — dimensions that dwarf New York City FC’s Yankee Stadium."

Big field? Book it, boys. NYCFC's winnin' this one.

"We hope we have the grounds crew out here so they can make it nice and slick for us cause we’re a team that likes to build from the back."

Wet turf? Yeesh. Except some NYCFC player to slip awkwardly and give up a huge chance. My money is on Ethan White.

If dog's can be trained to sniff for bedbugs & cancer, then they can pretty much be trained to sniff for anything.

Where's rosco?

but seriously, it will be interesting if they can sniff anything as im sure there will be those to try and trick the dogs.

Reactions: Goodfella
Anyone know what the policies are for bag size, food, beverage, etc coming into the stadium?

I probably won't have time to eat at Arthur Ave but am considering grabbing some pasta to go.

Anyone know what the policies are for bag size, food, beverage, etc coming into the stadium?
I probably won't have time to eat at Arthur Ave but am considering grabbing some pasta to go.
I depends, in part, on whether pasta is a projectile.
"Guests are permitted to bring food for individual consumption into the Facility as long as items are brought in a clear plastic grocery-style bag and are consumed in the general seating area. Food that could be used as a projectile (e.g., apples or oranges) must be sliced or sectioned. Clear factory-sealed plastic water bottles 1 liter in size or smaller are also permitted."

http://newyorkcity-mp7static.mlsdigital.net/elfinderimages/US Open/Fordham Fan Guide.pdf

For some reason theonly way to find the Fan Guide is via twitter.

I depends, in part, on whether pasta is a projectile.
"Guests are permitted to bring food for individual consumption into the Facility as long as items are brought in a clear plastic grocery-style bag and are consumed in the general seating area. Food that could be used as a projectile (e.g., apples or oranges) must be sliced or sectioned. Clear factory-sealed plastic water bottles 1 liter in size or smaller are also permitted."

http://newyorkcity-mp7static.mlsdigital.net/elfinderimages/US Open/Fordham Fan Guide.pdf

For some reason theonly way to find the Fan Guide is via twitter.

How far do you wager one could throw a cookie burger?

Did I just hear correctly? Kosmos missing one of their better players in Yasmani Duk, who's starting for Bolivia tonight vs Argentina. That's a plus for us.

Reactions: Jack
GAME DAY!!!!!!!!11!!!!!

I'm going to predict the lineup thusly:
Johansen and the back up defense : Gomez, Mena, White and Martinez, since they've been spotted practicing together.

Lopez in at CDM
Poku in at CM, who is the other CM? Could be ballouchy if we are playing all backups, but we still need to win the game. Wouldn't be surprised to see Mix slot in there to try and solidify possession and get the ball to the forwards.

Mullins at CF, and who are on the wings? Could be a chance to get harrison a full game, Mendoza should probably play, Taylor?

Just keeping in mind the limited international spots (5) for open cup games, T Tom in Fairfield CT's starting 11: Johansen (int'l); Gomez, Mena (int'l), White, Martinez (int'l); Lopez, Poku, Ballouchy/Mix; Harrison (int'l), Mullins, Mendoza (int'l)/Taylor

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
I'm probably going to do the Metro North thing, especially with the extra trains. So two questions:
  1. Can anyone familiar with GCT tell me where there's a nice bank of accessible ticket machines? Every time I go there to take a train I seem to wander around and can't find any, then end up going to the live person ticket window, and get stuck behind someone who has 17 questions and then wants to pay with a double-signed-over Latvian money order. I know the ticket machines exist - where do they hide them?
  2. Has there been any progress on picking a forum train and car to head up?

Reactions: adam
Status
Not open for further replies.